Need a clean factory steering wheel for my 98 2500If anyw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My stock wheel must have broken a weld on one of the support webs and it now 'clicks' every time I turn left :) and it bothers me. I live in Northern Canada and spare parts are simply not available locally and a few yards I have called in major centers won't even talk to me about a wheel for a truck this old...

If anyone has a clean, non airbag wheel for a 98 GMC k2500 I am certain we can work out something out.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well..I have a decent airbag wheel. You’d have to put an airbag in it (just not hooked up.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know anything about airbag wheels - is the center cap part of the wheel assembly or the airbag? Will my center cap fit your wheel? I guess what I am getting at is I'd like to acquire a complete replacement if my cap won't fit the wheel you have - is that a possibility?
Cheers

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can still get a brand new original steering wheel for your truck, if you're willing to spend about $150-$200 US. Try searching around for your best deal on part # 15759723 though verify with the supplier that's the correct non-airbag wheel. I bought one years ago for a 3500HD project and man, it's hard to beat a brand new wheel. That's the part # in these pics:

Richard

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really!? I tried on the Canadian side and they said discontinued, not available.
Have you got a dealer you would recommend?
This is great news - thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Really!? I tried on the Canadian side and they said discontinued, not available.
Have you got a dealer you would recommend?
This is great news - thanks
Just google the part #. They're on Amazon, eBay, etc. But again be sure it's the correct one for you - it was for me. Slight coloration difference from the horn cover but that was also the very-used horn cover with years and years of grime/sun exposure; I write all the difference off as new vs. old.

That $240 is surprisingly low for an LMC price, but still higher than you can find it elsewhere. It's on Amazon for $200 at the moment, with free shipping. Even cheaper, there's one seller on eBay with them for $156+$18/ship (US; selller gmpartsoutlet)

Richard

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the LMC tip - called, they don't carry leather wheels.... The search continues. Have a US wrecker in Spokane trying to find one. Amazon.com won't ship to Canada - frick. Thanks for all the suggestions - keep em coming, please. Mark