NEEBIE IN NEED OF ADVISE

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help and Suggestions' started by B_ICE 291, Nov 4, 2019.

1. B_ICE 291

B_ICE 291 Newbie

I have a 383 stroker motor I have built and put in my 1993 SWB. I have spend countless hours and dollars on this motor. Now When I tried to start it wont stay idling or running unless your foot is on the gas. Everything in this motor is bran new but the TBI and distributor. I have no idea what I'm missing. Any good advise will be taking seriously and put to use. Thanks

2. Jglew82

Jglew82 I fix stuff

Still have the stock computer and program for the original engine trying to run that 383?

3. B_ICE 291

B_ICE 291 Newbie

Yes , we put a power chip in =/ =/ . I figured my computer was the problem. What do I need to have done to get the computer upgraded? I am building this truck for my 16 year old son. Its a father son project. I feel like we have made it 95 percent of the way but little things like the computer mods we are un familiar with.

4. Jglew82

Jglew82 I fix stuff

First, verify the idle air control valve is working and not sticking. They're bad about doing that. If you can at least get it to idle, you can go from there.

5. B_ICE 291

B_ICE 291 Newbie

We have heard horror story's about not breaking the cam in correctly. So we haven't messed with starting it up to many time once we realized we had some other issue. I will just by a idle air control valve. I will get that installed and go from there. Thank you for the help. We had worked ourselves into a corner and need an outside option.