NBS Tahoe leather seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SierraGT

Reaction score
Well I figured I'd update my progress. Finally ended up completing my NBS seat swap. Found some great dark pewter leather bucket seats on eBay out of an 06 Tahoe. I fabricated seat mounts out of flat bar 1/4" steel and grade 8 bolts so I could use the existing holes in the floor. It came out great! Still have some shimming to do but I am thrilled with the outcome! Even got the power seats to work by making my own harnass from my old seats
You must be registered for see images attach

97SierraGT

Reaction score
I can snap a few pictures later today of how I made the brackets. No welding it's all bolted together. I ended up buying new seat riser bolts for the floor (pack of 25 OEM GM fender bolts that worked perfectly) because my stock ones were toast! Seats are quite larger than the OBS ones, but way more comfortable and fill the interior up nicer. It's a tight fit also, especially on the drivers side for some reason. The arm rest on the door almost touches the seat side while passanger side has a gap. But they do fit and is a fairly easy job to make the swap. I just wanted to share because I was looking for weeks on how to do this swap and found no info really other than people drilling new holes (no thanks). So hopefully I will be able to help others out with this

ATCguy97ext

Reaction score
Any update? Really interested in doing this myself. Already have the seats so the faster you respond with pics, the faster I can get started. Lol

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what do you plan on doing about the extra set of seatbelts? leave as is & ignore? delete a set & make a custom patch panel to blend in? delete a set & leave a hole?

biggrich

Reaction score
I can snap a few pictures later today of how I made the brackets. No welding it's all bolted together. I ended up buying new seat riser bolts for the floor (pack of 25 OEM GM fender bolts that worked perfectly) because my stock ones were toast! Seats are quite larger than the OBS ones, but way more comfortable and fill the interior up nicer. It's a tight fit also, especially on the drivers side for some reason. The arm rest on the door almost touches the seat side while passanger side has a gap. But they do fit and is a fairly easy job to make the swap. I just wanted to share because I was looking for weeks on how to do this swap and found no info really other than people drilling new holes (no thanks). So hopefully I will be able to help others out with this
do you have pics of the brackets

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks really great man! Wish I had leather seats. LUCKY! :rockit::banana-mario::boti: