NBS steering components in a 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am really wondering if this has been done yet. Outer and inner tie rods center link under our trucks and the steering gear. Ive been thinking about it. I hate the GMT 400 setup with a passion. I measured my 02 Tahoe center and the center link holes are about 1/4 inch apart from ours center links. If any one has done or heard of it let me know.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Whats so great about NBS steering components? If you do a complete rebuild with quality parts (Moog or Delco) these trucks have tight steering that lasts thousands of miles, especially when you upgrade to a quick ratio box, u-joint steering shaft and poly bushings.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm talking about 99-05 4wd tahoes and trucks. I know rack and pinion is a pain I just hate the sleeve setup. I like the setup on those alot better. If the components from those will fit mine and not give any trouble I'll do the swap on mine. My 02 Tahoe has this setup and I like the way it feels on the road. It's more responsive than my truck. And my truck has no play in it.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Steering geometry is not a trivial matter!

As far as being more responsive, that has a lot to do with chassis bushing durometer ( likely yours are totally fragged unless they have been replaced, sway bar diameter, end link condition, wheel and tire choice, etc. Many factors affect feel. Shock performance ( or non! ) as well as spring rate.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the whole setup is what I don't like. I just did a complete rebuild from front to back. And I just feel like I can get more response from the front.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I'm working on getting the steering gear to work in mine, but I don't know about swapping the rest. The outer tie rods on the 800's are weak.

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm working on getting the steering gear to work in mine, but I don't know about swapping the rest. The outer tie rods on the 800's are weak.
They've got a sleeve for the tie rod ends. Cheap an easy upgrade.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media