NBS Seats in an OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wanna replace my captains seats and console with a Bench seat.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
JayBo

what kinda material you got? leather or cloth...i've got a grey bench seat

where are you located?

Isaacsslowobs

Reaction score
Anybody have NBS seats in there trucks. NBS seats are easier to come by in good shape and I was wondering how much modification it would take to swap them out? I'd like to see what it looks like all set up. Pictures anyone?

Am I too late, I have done it I just need help wiring them up to be electric

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Depends how picky you are. I made custom brackets and modified the passenger and center seats to be a bolt in on the truck side so I didnt have to modify the truck.

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am right in the middle of this mod, I went a similar route and made 2" x 3" blocks, 18" long to adapt the old and new bolt holes and overcome positioning issues. This worked out really well for me, as the 2" rise in the seat makes them very comfortable for my long legs with the added benefit of not having to hack into the tunnel. The NBS seats are the left and right with the seat belt built in (very comfortable!) and the jump seat in between with the fold down armrest out of a pristine '03 and still in very good condition. I'm hoping this might catch the eye of some of our engineer types on here: I'm making the adaptors out of 2" x 3" tube steel with .187" wall thickness, should this be sufficient in terms of load and tensile strength in the event of an accident? Would love to hear opinions on this!