NBS Seats in an OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anybody have NBS seats in there trucks. NBS seats are easier to come by in good shape and I was wondering how much modification it would take to swap them out? I'd like to see what it looks like all set up. Pictures anyone?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Im sure if you can get the NBS brackets along with them, a little creativity and fabrication can go a long way.

Reaction score
I figured it can be done and I'm not scared of a little fab work. I am just curios what it would look like before I make up my mind. I hate doing a mod, spending the money, the time and it looks nothing like you thought it would.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Maybe someone else can find it, I wasn't able to run across it but it seemed like someone on GMFS did a write up on their NBS to OBS seat swap

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cartwright on GMFS did it.
best I could find:
You must be registered for see images attach

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only reason I didn't do this before is because the seat belts are in the seat and on our trucks they are on the pillar

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also want to say that some one on FSC also did it and it came out sweet.

bent

Reaction score
I did this swap several years ago into a '88 model. I Have a mig welder and tacked some bolts to the floorboards for the mount locations that worked pretty well . but the center hump is different between the body styles. and in order for the center section to sit properly in the truck you will have to cut out a section of the passenger side center hump and fab a new piece to fill the hole.
I believe i just took out the factory belts and used the ones with the new seat
Sorry I Do not have any pictures but It fit nice and was way better than that old bench seat

Reaction score
I ended up finding an obs set for my swap so a nbs swap is out for now. I still would like to see some pictures for future mod ideas.