NBS Front Brake Swap for OBS Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it's not noticeable then that's a good thing, but ideally correcting UCA, LCA, and tie rods is the way to go. Simply doing one or the other creates issues, though correcting UCA/LCA without tie rods I believe is the bigger deal.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I agree, but we think about how many people are on here, slightly cranked, ful crank lowered or stock height guys all in the same mix. flipped tierods fixed any bump steer angle issues ive seen on trucks that shouldnt have been cranked that far. So what i meant to say is this is an apples to oranges comparison. Stock z height this will likely create bumpsteer, cranked guys might be fine, lowered guys this is completely unnecesary. but being cranked or "lifted" that far brings other issues too soooo............

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have a mild crank too. Coming from MI it seems mandatory, though I rarely leave the pavement in CO. Go figure.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Credit goes to Rocky Thornton:
I went to the NAPA parts store for fresh calipers and rotors and made another huge discovery. The '06-up trucks went to a 13-inch rotor and bigger dual piston calipers that fit right on the '05-back NBS knuckles.

The 13-inch setup requires at least 17-inch wheels, as mine barely clear the calipers.

The 2010 trucks went to 14-inch rotors that would require 18-inch wheels,

but the new 13-inch setup I have now is all the brakes I need. They have already saved my ass a couple of times while towing a trailer behind idiot drivers. I am so happy to have factory engineered readily available big brakes on the front of my Yukon 4x4.

Thanks again Rocky! -Mike

working through this at the moment. what 2010+ truck variation had 6 stud 14" front rotors?

everything I look up seems to indicate 13" items in the wagons up to the K2X platform.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me what brake booster I should use with this conversation.
1997 4wd 2 dr Tahoe. It is time to change mine getting the correct one for the conversation will help
Thanks in Advance
Skip