Nbs bumper 14+ on OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrod69ss

Reaction score
I'll take better pics soon, it needs some fine tuning, sticks out around the sides just a little bit but sits pretty well to the bed, turns out the tailgate rests on it so it needs to be moved down, and the top edge of the pad will have to be trimmed as well to clear the tailgate while it opens

Dbricks34

Reaction score
Hey guys my truck is the one in the picture greenz98 posted. I was one of the first people to ever put the new bumper on obs year trucks. Actually from what I’ve been told I was the 2nd person to do it. Anyways I see you guys want a write up on it but there’s not really a write up. The bumper fits the truck without having to trim the metal or the platic step pads. This bumper will not fit the step side trucks, I’ve tried, it looks awful and needs heavily modified. But as far as the mounting brackets the part that goes to the frame will need to be cut and moved in 1.5” on each side and also will need to go down about an inch so the pad doesn’t hit the tailgate. You will also need to shim the hitch down depending on What hitch you have and how far down you moved the bumper because the tongue inset on hitch will hit bumper slightly

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just don't depend on those "steps" if you weigh much. I've seen several of these bumpers warped down at each end, presumably from big boys using the steps as intended. No crash damage, just conspicuously warped down.. now that I've mentioned it, you'll start to notice as more of these trucks age a bit.

Richard

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just don't depend on those "steps" if you weigh much. I've seen several of these bumpers warped down at each end, presumably from big boys using the steps as intended. No crash damage, just conspicuously warped down.. now that I've mentioned it, you'll start to notice as more of these trucks age a bit.

Richard

Well that means I won’t be using them

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm gunna have to sit a stare at the number on my 14 now. They look weird but it helps to have a step a little lower especially when the truck has a 6 inch lift.

TXDevilDog

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know same here, I got my hopes up until @someotherguy noted the saggy corners. Ill have to check out my buddy's '14 truck see if he has the sagging corners.

I had a 2014 Sierra Denali for 5 years before I traded in for a Yukon Denali (family grew) and used those steps all the time with no issues.