NBS brake swap on 2WD GMT400 almost complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The camber issue is more about the relocation of the lower ball joint, the relative location of the upper joint is pretty much the same as the original as far as the knuckle is concerned, however because the lower joint was inverted the articulation of the joint is below the arm and because of this, when the spring was added the side effect was greater negative camber. Because I'm wanting to use off the shelf parts, I had to move the upper mounts. The only other way I could see would be to have some longer upper arms fabbed

Thanks. I am obviously trying to get my head around it :)

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
Once I got the first mount cut off, I made two relief cuts to the interior of the portion still attached to the frame, so I could properly locate the bracket later. I then removed the rest of the bracket, notched the frame, installed some gussets inside the frame, then installed bracket top side down.

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
I'll post some new pics over the weekend, got the 6 lug rearend installed, just about ready to finish up the right side and reinstall the body.

TopdaT

Reaction score
I have a set of Airride technologies control arms I'm not using sitting in my garage I wonder how hard it would be to modify them to work.. So what exactly need to happen for this to work without having to cut my upper control arm mounts?

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
Sorry it's been awhile, these last couple of months have been chaotic, new job, moved into new home, I hope this isn't a project that gets back burnered forever, it will be spring before I get another opportunity to work on it :(

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anybody tried anything this for an 8-lug 2wd? shaving some weight on cclb would be beneficial.