NBS/Astro knuckle brake upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99GMT425

Reaction score
Good to know they're available now but I think you mistyped the 2nd rotor part #; it's 84023778. Can't find the pads with the # you posted, either.

I wonder why there are two different part #'s for the rotors? They appear smooth in the kit pictures, not slotted, so I don't understand why there would be 2 part #'s as they should be identical.

Richard
I think the cooling fins are directional inside the rotors

Last edited:

99GMT425

Reaction score
Looks like centric/stoptech is already making the brembo replacement rotors 120.62180 $96.79 and pads 104.19100 63.79 on rockauto.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the swap how did the pedal feel. I have HB and I thought I bled the front well- the pedal is much softer. Haven't bedded in the new pads yet.

99GMT425

Reaction score
After the swap how did the pedal feel. I have HB and I thought I bled the front well- the pedal is much softer. Haven't bedded in the new pads yet.

The pedal was slightly lower, but felt about the same.

andremora71

Reaction score
I have a 1991 c1500 Sierra that I have been wanting to upgrade the front brakes too gmt 800 style while also knocking out 2 birds with one stone I want to also go 6 lug . I came across this post a while back , got inspired to doing this mod. I managed to find a 2005 Chevy astro van 2 wheel drive model . I got the steering knuckles off of it . This is what I Have so far, everything seems to be in its correct location. Only problem I have run into is right now is ball joint fitment, the upper and lower ball joint holes along side tie rod ends , the holes are small, the ball joint threads wont go past thru. I'm currently waiting from a local machine shop to give me a guess estimate on how much it'll cost me to to drill and taper the hole bigger so I can fit my factory ball joints in the hole .
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ArdenQ

Reaction score
Any update on this? Did you look into Astro ball joints in your Sierra?

andremora71

Reaction score
Any update on this? Did you look into Astro ball joints in your Sierra?
I havent really moved or done anything in past several months , but I actually just recently talked too the guy at the off road shop who's doing the job for me, he's going to ream out the tapered hole to fit my ball joint . He wanted a comparison between my spindal vs the astro's too see if any steering geometry has changed . He evaluated it, it's all kinda pretty much in the same location, where all the holes are at . I just need to flip the tie rod from bottom to up . I'm actually gonna give him a call today too see where it's at.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk