Nasty stock speakers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country705

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My speakers in my truck sound like along with the stock radio that sucks as well. My plans are to replace the stock radio and speakers. what I need to know is what size speakers are in the rear of the truck and what size are in the doors. Also what speakers are going to offer the best bang for the buck? I like my music to have a clear crisp sound and for them to be able to sound great under what ever music I choose to play. I am a complex person when it comes to music I like Rock, Country, R&B and rap.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What cab configuration do you have? My regular cab is 6.5" in the front doors and 4x6" in the pillar. The front doors are the same no matter what. I went with pyle. I got all of them off Amazon for around $50. They sound amazing for the price and 100 times better than stock.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rears in all 400 trucks are 4x6, I'm running Focal 6.5" components in the front doors paid $150(retail $300) for them from Sonic Electronix

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you want clear crisp sound do 6.5 componets in the front doors off an amp and no rears with a 10" sub under or behind the seat.

putting 6x9's in the rear will just mud the sound unless you spend big bucks on a processor.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rears in all 400 trucks are 4x6, I'm running Focal 6.5" components in the front doors paid $150(retail $300) for them from Sonic Electronix

Nah, my Tahoe has 4x10's in the back, they're amazing...

Typos from my iPhone using Tapatalk while po0ping.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been wanting to put some 6x9 speakers that I have in gray boxes but im lazy and the reason is with my 4x6 speakers I have in the back now rattle some of the plastic moldings so for now im using all the 4x6 speakers for high notes and a sub speaker in a box on the back seat.

Since my front speakers tweeters stick up above the dash I placed a dash mat on the dash it also covered up a crack it has. And yes changing your head unit will sound WAY much better than stock to me its the best thing I have done to my truck.

Country705

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies and I will look into fixing my sound system in the future. The factory head unit is not doing it for me so I will be installing a new one when I replace the speakers. sorry it took me so long to reply I have been in the middle of moving and my wife has been really sick so my free time has been very limited.