My truck is now dropped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, been asking questions for a while so figured I would post a few pics of the truck now that I have it dropped.

Here it is as I bought it from the original owners grandson, 5 years since repaint and new gm crate engine. Leveling shackles and 275/55 /20 tires all around.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did not care for the 20 inch wheels, plus they rubbed on the sway bar when turning so I got some 17" torq thrust ll wheels, 17x8 front, 17x9.5 rear.

Much better IMO but still sat too high. Went with a Belltech notch/flip kit, DJM 2" drop spindle, Belltech SP shocks and cut the stock front coils. Ended up cutting off just over a full coil on the right and slightly less than a full coil on the left. Sits level side to side in front with 1/2 tank of gas and my 230 lb butt in the seat. In this pic it's about 4.25 drop front and 8" rear because of the lowering shackles.

Little to low in back for my liking so I went to the 1" hole in the shackles, gonna ride like this for a bit and see how it goes after I hit a few big dips and take a few curves at speed.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great with those wheels, how does it ride?
Going from the 20" tires to the 17" was an improvement in ride, acceleration and braking. It also rides better after the drop IMO. Firmer ride which is to my liking, also less floaty which may be partially due to the new shocks.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I think it looks much better myself. Looked weird with those huge wheels and tires.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant see **** ???????????????????? And I woiuld like to see the truck :D

Wow, I don't know what happened to my pics. It has a link instead of a pic and when I click the link it says I do not have permission to view the page? Weird, the pics were there a few days ago.
Here is a pic of when I bought the truck.

This is how she sits now.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda hate that all the pics of each stage are gone. I posted each stage so those looking in the future could see the difference on the same truck.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Probably reached your limit on attachments. A lot of forums have that, not sure if it's the case here though.

Edit: Another option you can use, is the media tab at the top. Load your pics into an album, then grab the link, to put it in a post.

full

Last edited: