My squarebody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne95

Reaction score
If you guys don't mind, here is a pic of my brother's '86 Cab & Chassis...use to be mine. Love this old truck. It weighs roughly 5,500 pounds, and once we hauled 5,500 pounds to the dump. It was just barely starting to touch on the front of the overload springs. Being a cab & chassis truck, the spring packs from the factory are tall/thick/many. The slow 6.2L diesel isn't fast, but gets you where you are going, and with the L gear in manual transmission, it pulls. He talks of replacing it with something that is easier on his back. I drove it to TN and back once, hauled a small car on a trailer, so it was not weighed down at all. The next day my neck was sore. So I understand where he is coming from. Tall leaf packs and a short wheel base make for a rough ride. I'd love to buy it back from him if he sells, but I need yet another vehicle like I need a hole in the head. The paint is either something you love or you hate...it grew on me quickly. Just a tough old truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Are those factory or aftermarket mounts for the dual shocks in the front? I have an '85 K10 SWB with D60/14 and Skyjacker 6" which rides like the axles are bolted straight to the frame. How does the suburban ride with the extra weight?

Derick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck! Are those factory or aftermarket mounts for the dual shocks in the front? I have an '85 K10 SWB with D60/14 and Skyjacker 6" which rides like the axles are bolted straight to the frame. How does the suburban ride with the extra weight?
Factory dual shocks up front, it rides way better with the big block in it.