My shitbox buggy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam bickett

Reaction score
So recently I got a new to me 97 chevy c1500 long bed. I need a new interior and have a couple questions.

A guy on Facebook said he has a couple 95 and later chevy 1500s. My question is will all the parts interchange or will I need to use a different year I read a little and realize that this question has been asked in diffent ways I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Thanks for having me

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What parts are you trying to change?? Dash will swap but you'll be losing an airbag and steering will be different style. Wiring gonna be different. Trans wont swap from 95. Seats will swap, console, lights radio, hvac will be different style from 95. Wheels will swap

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What years will swap will the door pannels

I need hvac need entier dash seats, console steering colum headliner door pannels front grill

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok. 95-99 door panels are the same. Seats will transfer, headliner will transfer so long as same size truck. Grill will transfer so long as same style, even if it's not it will transfer but when in doubt take pic. Steering column should long as it's the same type. I think 88- 94 had different column I think 95-99 were the same but take a pic of the 95 column.

adam bickett

Reaction score
Ok. 95-99 door panels are the same. Seats will transfer, headliner will transfer so long as same size truck. Grill will transfer so long as same style, even if it's not it will transfer but when in doubt take pic. Steering column should long as it's the same type. I think 88- 94 had different column I think 95-99 were the same but take a pic of the 95 column.
So I wanted to try and get a tilt steering colum instead of straight. I thank you for responding so fast and being so helpful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dash will be different if I were you I get 97-99 dash.... hvac box is the same but the hvac control module is different in 95. They sell new ones if you need that control for the 97

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also the coupler from column to gear box is what I'm basing on. Look at that if there the same then I gonna take a guess that it should transfer to the 97. If it's not then it should be a different setup. For example I have a 98 with tilt. I could not get a 94 because it's a different setup. Different coupler, different wheel, different column, different shifter, different multifunction switch. But I think 95 to 99 where the same Style. The thing I know they changed was the steering wheel.