My Rare find 1996 silverado 4X4 42k original miles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update on the intake gaskets, everything is going good im going to have a new rotor and cap installed while hes at it im hoping to have my truck back in a few days.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my truck back and everything went good he said my fluids all looked good but it doesn't hurt to swap them out, now ill be good for a long time. Im glad I did the new cap and rotor he showed me mine and it was bad looked like it got dropped in the ocean. As far as the Amsoil fluid swap I changed everything but the engine oil to Amsoil and I actually noticed the truck seems to go into 4X4 a little smoother and it actually seems to go into gear and reverse a smoother also. I just want to say that the transmission wasn't flushed I just had the pan dropped and filter changed and it only took 5qts of Amsoil. The mechanic did a great job tho and he also put a new fuel filter on it too. As of right now I have no more further modifications other than getting some new Michelin tires put on but I still have a lot of life left so it might be a while.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't done an update in a while, But I added a ARE topper and new 2019 Silverado take off rims and tires. The rims are 18inch. Still not sure if I like the rims or not may eventually go back to the originals. The truck has 107K miles on it now and I've replaced the water pump,alternator,fuel pump, and spider injectors, new brakes all the way around. This has been a great truck and im hoping other than doing some front suspension stuff in the near future this truck has been great and has never let me down.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just me, but I would have kept the truck looking much like it did when you got it, I would have removed the boards, now it looks plane, But that's me and I am over 65. Nice truck though.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't done an update in a while, But I added a ARE topper and new 2019 Silverado take off rims and tires. The rims are 18inch. Still not sure if I like the rims or not may eventually go back to the originals. The truck has 107K miles on it now and I've replaced the water pump,alternator,fuel pump, and spider injectors, new brakes all the way around. This has been a great truck and im hoping other than doing some front suspension stuff in the near future this truck has been great and has never let me down.

Nice improvements since you got her! Also glad that you're using it. I'm sure getting it with such low miles there's some "pain" that goes into putting some miles on her but she's meant to be used and sounds like you are now that you're at 107k :) Keep up the nice work and keep on taking care of her and she'll take care of you.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just me, but I would have kept the truck looking much like it did when you got it, I would have removed the boards, now it looks plane, But that's me and I am over 65. Nice truck though.
Thanks, There was no way I could bare to look at it with the roof visor and the graphic kit they had on it. The running boards were also horrible looking. I would have kept the factory stainless trim around the wheel wells but they were starting to rub thru the paint so I took them off for that reason.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice improvements since you got her! Also glad that you're using it. I'm sure getting it with such low miles there's some "pain" that goes into putting some miles on her but she's meant to be used and sounds like you are now that you're at 107k :) Keep up the nice work and keep on taking care of her and she'll take care of you.
Thanks, I got a lot of **** when I brought it home everybody said you need to put that away and store it. I bought it because I wanted a good reliable gas truck and in my opinion this truck is one of the toughest reliable trucks GM has ever had so im going to drive it and enjoy it.