My other project- 1989 Base Model Firebird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! No heater while living in Wisconsin? How will you keep the windshield clear in the morning?
I shall have to burn that bridge when I come to it. . .

Not all that impressed with the idler arm I got here, the hole for the zirc fitting was not tapped, so I had to tap it, use a vacuum and magnet to make sure I didn't get a bunch of metal shavings in the joint. Probably crap quality control.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got some Slotted rotors and pads from Stainless Steel Brakes, and new wheel bearings/seals.

Trying to decide whether or not to use the dust shields for the rotors. I've heard that they aren't strictly necessary. This is, after all, only a fair-weather car.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the suspension is done, car is on the ground now. Waiting for brake parts to arrive, so I've moved to the scoop.

Yeah, it's a pro mod style scoop-shaker. I think it looks pretty cool.

It is on a steel frame that uses the valve cover bolts at 4 corners to hold the scoop. I overbuilt it a little to make sure it can't get ripped off.

I'm not too concerned about the scoop in the rain, I do plan to make drainage tubes, a hood seal, and a removable cap to seal the scoop so water can't get in.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brakes are a Strange manual master cylinder spaced out 1" with some aluminum. The pedal ratio is between 5:1 and 4:1 if my math checks out. All the lines are 3/16", 4th gen factory rear discs with a Jegs universal prop valve, CPP big bore calipers in the front with SSBC slotted rotors and pads. :burnout:

Car is up on blocks in preparation of subframe connectors and chassis stiffening. Interior is out, have to replace the door lock cylinders, I got a little tired of having to crawl in through the hatch.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pictures of the brake setup:

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled the interior and started on floor repair, subframe connectors, and a roll bar.

Here is the dash before I took it out. Fancy switch panel for the fuel pump and fan, complete with indicator lights.

The worst of the floor cancer has been cut out. I cut it quite a bit larger than necessary so I could repair some rot in the frame rail.

Tank is out, there is a crack I have to fix where the filler neck goes in.

Aside from that, an L31 swap is in it's embryonic state, and I am swapping to manual windows. :driver: