My Namesake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92K3500SRW

Reaction score
I no longer own this truck, but we were together from new until '14, 22 solid years and 335k miles. I bought it for work and that's what it did it's whole life. I ordered it to be as close to the classic GM Trucks I've always run. It's a '92 GMC K3500 SRW Pickup with 6.5TD/5spd/4.10s. Camper/Towing/Off Road packages, clearance lamps, tach, bucket seats, all the bells & whistles except Gov-Loc and automatic, because I didn't want either. When it came down to color I was hoping for the gold I had seen on other GMT400s. I had a Gold '84 and a Gold '70 I wanted to match. No such color available and I didn't want the Sandstone or whatever it was called. I definitely wanted the light beige interior for construction work, and since it was a work truck I also like the classic Woodland Green offered in the fleet program. It's the same green GM has offered on trucks going way way back. In 67-72 it was 505 code. At first the dealer said only fleet accounts can order, which takes an order of 10 or more trucks. I asked what happens if a fleet of ten loses a truck to an accident, can't they order a single truck to replace it? He was a cool guy and he could see how hard headed I am. He said he's check with GMC. The answer came back as "Yes, if I was willing to wait for at least 5 other trucks were ordered in that paint". SURE thing, I'll wait!! I ordered in January and it came in June.

Here is is from new and through the years

Attachments

• 92 K3500 6-92.jpg
    92 K3500 6-92.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 010_10.jpg
    010_10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 25
  • 92 K3500 3-07.jpg
    92 K3500 3-07.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture004_zps6e6ea08e.jpg
    Picture004_zps6e6ea08e.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 27

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Welcome! Good choice on the color and I like the square body hub caps on these trucks too. I have a set on my plow

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I love that color. I haven't seen enough of that color for me to have been aware of it. I wish I had a picture of my own truck when it was new.... it never occured to me.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Gorgeous truck, hope my two get that kinda miles on them.(between them I guess it's pretty close, 126K on the CCLB and 215K on the Burb)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I no longer own this truck, but we were together from new until '14, 22 solid years and 335k miles. I bought it for work and that's what it did it's whole life. I ordered it to be as close to the classic GM Trucks I've always run. It's a '92 GMC K3500 SRW Pickup with 6.5TD/5spd/4.10s. Camper/Towing/Off Road packages, clearance lamps, tach, bucket seats, all the bells & whistles except Gov-Loc and automatic, because I didn't want either. When it came down to color I was hoping for the gold I had seen on other GMT400s. I had a Gold '84 and a Gold '70 I wanted to match. No such color available and I didn't want the Sandstone or whatever it was called. I definitely wanted the light beige interior for construction work, and since it was a work truck I also like the classic Woodland Green offered in the fleet program. It's the same green GM has offered on trucks going way way back. In 67-72 it was 505 code. At first the dealer said only fleet accounts can order, which takes an order of 10 or more trucks. I asked what happens if a fleet of ten loses a truck to an accident, can't they order a single truck to replace it? He was a cool guy and he could see how hard headed I am. He said he's check with GMC. The answer came back as "Yes, if I was willing to wait for at least 5 other trucks were ordered in that paint". SURE thing, I'll wait!! I ordered in January and it came in June.

Here is is from new and through the years

Cool color for sure. Why do you no longer own it?