My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just dug this mess out of my right rear tire. 7/16" wide, we'll see if it's flat again tomorrow. I put a plug in it and went for a spin earlier.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tire holds air, so dodged a bullet there. Finally got off my ass and replaced the squealy front pads. Apparently I still had 3/4 ton pads on. I now remember my rationale, the 1500 pad holder clip that fits the piston doesn't fit the larger 2500 piston properly without rebending. That's all well and good for fitting the caliper, but the extra material on a 2500 pad is exactly what drags on and misses the 1500 rotor. Lesson learned, new pads are 1500 pads.

Also took the opportunity to clean the salt off my frame which inevitably blew some of the previously applied rattle can off. Put more back on, but noticed that the heat gun when too close would instantly blister the paint before it dried. I ran the heat gun because the temp was below the ideal for paint to dry.

Also took the opportunity to pressure wash off 20 years of ball joint, tie rod end, and power steering/front diff leak mess.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Apparently leaks are mandatory on this thing, because now that the PS and front diff don't the oil lines do. As of yesterday. :nutkick:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thanks. Apparently leaks are mandatory on this thing, because now that the PS and front diff don't the oil lines do. As of yesterday. :nutkick:

I had that happen with my truck a few years ago... hydroboost, oil filter adapter, and oil cooler lines. My driveway still had a big oil spot on it.... oh and eventually the PS lines went.

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my 3500's favorite activity is randomly leaking fluids. Seems like as soon as I fix one another one pops up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The dually oil filter housing leaks too, but I think that's it for that truck. I think I've had the gaskets on my work bench for over a year now.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So it's not paper like the small block? I did buy the special bits to remove the plugs in the housing.

Nope, just a giant o-ring. I'm trying to think what I used to remove the plugs. I think they're 5/16" square. I might have borrowed a piece of square stock, or maybe I had a piece, and then used Crescent wrench on it. I don't recall for sure. If you've got the bits, that should be a lot better.

I think I use pipe dope on the plugs when I put them back in.