My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Impact factor, that's the one. It's MAP and ECT based. It's the reason the truck wouldn't run again this morning. Gonna scrap what I have and start over

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Impact factor, that's the one. It's MAP and ECT based. It's the reason the truck wouldn't run again this morning. Gonna scrap what I have and start over

I need to spend some time working on my tip out transients, occasionally if I stab the throttle then immediately back off the afr will Spike. Not a big deal but it feels kinda weird.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to check back in.
But yea I forgot they added those tables. It use to be available with a CAX file i think.

I know some the guys use to mess with it when they had a twin screw and speed density tryin to get the tip in lean spots taken care of.

Alot of the guys trucks I helped on always had belt issues with SC's so I went turbo and never looked back.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1500 has zero belt issues, the dually on the other hand has been a nightmare with belts. I think I'm going to need to have a pulley custom cut to set it back onto the blower farther. I did learn that the impact table only adds fuel when kpa increases IF there is a delta in the values from left to right. So if you look at the stock impact table, you'll see 80-100 are all the same. Well if you're boosted, 100 is it for 100 all the way to whatever you make. I may just go back and do what another guy did which was bump the 100kpa cells top to bottom and then blend them left to right from 60-100kpa. I have known values that the engine seems to like right now. Getting the shape down has been a learning experience, I discovered the masking tool which locks whatever cells you select when you blend so they don't get touched. I haven't added much to the low load cells at all, but the high load cells needed like 6x the fuel of stock for the truck to not want to stall when you hit it from a dead stop.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah yes, I've definitely read this thread before, and probably forgot half of what I read. Lol

As a side note I think my min fuel milligrams was wrong in the transient tab. So we'll see what changing that does next time I drive it.