My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got it all back together. Adjusted the bypass halfway down and I'm back to the same boost levels I saw before this whole ordeal. I need to play with the vacuum lines and maybe crank down on the valve adjustment more.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went for a datalog the other night and found something odd. When I first got the blower on I saw 107 kpa and 1.00g/cyl on the MAF. The more recent log where I bumped timing 2 degrees gave 110kpa and 1.12 g/cyl. That's an insignificant change in MAP, but a noticeable change in airflow. The 2 should go hand in hand so I'm not sure what to take away from this.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I went for a datalog the other night and found something odd. When I first got the blower on I saw 107 kpa and 1.00g/cyl on the MAF. The more recent log where I bumped timing 2 degrees gave 110kpa and 1.12 g/cyl. That's an insignificant change in MAP, but a noticeable change in airflow. The 2 should go hand in hand so I'm not sure what to take away from this.

Grams per what? It should be g/cm^3

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@Christian Steffen @L31MaxExpress @RDF1

Wondering if you guys have ever had to horse with your transient fueling? I ended up cranking mine to the moon. I went past the EFILive limits but not the PCM limits and still never got a rich tip in spike. Driveability however is vastly improved. The stock map, even bumped, sucked for tip in and the one I got from another guy was good for tip in, but starts sucked. The reason was because the borrowed map had the 20-40 kpa cells bumped too high. I cranked up the 100 kpa cells, then blended those to the 40 kpa cells to give the map a logical contour. It looks nothing like stock, but looks intentional and seems to work a lot better. I was shocked at how much of a change it took for the truck to respond as, like I said, I'm past maxxed and still no rich spike.

Last edited:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never touched those tables. I'm using these laggy turbo spinny things.

Do you have the cax files to get to some the other tables?

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've never touched those tables. I'm using these laggy turbo spinny things.

Do you have the cax files to get to some the other tables?

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Like what other tables? The transient stuff got unlocked by EFILive. I used a cax for the gear indicator on the 411 swap but that was it. The marine intake and blower really throw the transient fueling way out of whack and there's not a ton of info out there on how to smartly alter them. It's mostly trial and error. I had the best luck with watching the 2D data stream.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

More flow at equal boost = less restriction somewhere?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Christian Steffen @L31MaxExpress @RDF1

Wondering if you guys have ever had to horse with your transient fueling? I ended up cranking mine to the moon. I went past the EFILive limits but not the PCM limits and still never got a rich tip in spike. Driveability however is vastly improved. The stock map, even bumped, sucked for tip in and the one I got from another guy was good for tip in, but starts sucked. The reason was because the borrowed map had the 20-40 kpa cells bumped too high. I cranked up the 100 kpa cells, then blended those to the 40 kpa cells to give the map a logical contour. It looks nothing like stock, but looks intentional and seems to work a lot better. I was shocked at how much of a change it took for the truck to respond as, like I said, I'm past maxxed and still no rich spike.

I've messed with them some on my truck, not sure if hp tuners and efi live have the same naming convention though. I've messed with the fuel to wall impact factor which adds fuel at whatever map when the transient qualifications are met.

If I crank up this table I definitely get a rich Spike on the WB shortly after stabbing the throttle.

There is a decent amount of info on the hpt forum on this, but ultimately it still takes some trial and error I think.

Last edited: