My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well it figures, they jumped on the inlet today and got it knocked out. I leave town tomorrow for work. Here it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Compared to before.

Still have a bump, but not like before.

Gonna order some short bits to blend the end of the outlet better to the bonnet, slap it together, and hope it all clears and runs harder. In 3 weeks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to keep going on the outlet. I'm unsure if the motor needs the flow potential of what I'm doing here, but the job would have otherwise felt incomplete. This one short bit just makes it rain and is unparalleled by the others. It never loads up either so I can just keep going without stopping. Crouching to do this on the ground with my foot keeping it planted sucks, but I'll likely make another pass here in a bit. For now, this is where I am.

When this hogging is finally done I'll have a couple stages of blending it all together finishing with a Dremel flapwheel.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I'd heard that hogging it out affects the bypass valve somehow? But for those folks who chopped up their plumbing and added an intercooler, they would have experienced the same phenomenon.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ready to slap back in in the daylight tomorrow.

This **** better make some more boost or else I'm out time, money, and asspain.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got the blower in today and the ****** made noise. Initial install was in the freezing ass driveway in daylight. It immediately made noise, so I took a quick rip to set in the witness marks then pulled it half into the garage to better clearance the thing. It only made a whisp of noise backing down the driveway with the brakes applied but was fine after that. I think when the weather sucks less that I may further tweak this setup.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went to my sister's yesterday and the truck seemed a little gutless. I hooked up the laptop today and saw only 96kpa. I hit 109 before the mod, so I turned my attention to the bypass valve. The screws I thought I remembered torquing down were loose and the valve had no preload, so I added some then added clearance by hitting the thin aluminum tubing with a hammer. Since I'd already shaved the weld down, I ended up splitting the 2 apart.

The weld on top was pretty, but didn't penetrate or else I'd have been good to go. So I dropped the whole blower off to zap it shut again. Should be done tomorrow.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Followed you here from my thread, loving the truck. I saw that you've got your engine set up exactly how mines getting. Ever dyno it? I'd be interested in real world numbers

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think about dynoing, but really don't want the disappointment. The 285s would suck a lot of fun out of the numbers I'm sure. Figure they were 190whp stock, so maybe 300whp if I'm lucky? I figure at the crank it should be high 300s hp and high 400s tq. I can't find what Whipple rated these things at.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well if the flipper dually's radiator survived it's freeze then I'm free to drop this gem into Blue Balls. It's for a 3500, found it on CL. :cool: