My junkyard Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
anyone happen to know what needles work and look good in a 92-94 cluster? The newer cluster needles don't fit the older clusters...

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. The 92-94 clusters air core motor shafts are actually even skinnier than the 95+. And the needles are metallic where they push onto the shafts, unlike the later ones which are plastic.

OB1214

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. The 92-94 clusters air core motor shafts are actually even skinnier than the 95+. And the needles are metallic where they push onto the shafts, unlike the later ones which are plastic.
Next time I go to the junkyard, I can look for some OEM needles and mail them to you if you would like, PM if you are interested. I'll be back at the yard at the end of the month.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Next time I go to the junkyard, I can look for some OEM needles and mail them to you if you would like, PM if you are interested. I'll be back at the yard at the end of the month.
I appreciate the offer, but I do actually have a good set of orange ones lol. I was just wondering if there was anything similar to the Aztec needles for the earlier models.

OB1214

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but I do actually have a good set of orange ones lol. I was just wondering if there was anything similar to the Aztec needles for the earlier models.
Slept on the problem and thought of a potential solution. If you get the Aztec needles, syringe, and some epoxy you can inject the epoxy into the hole where the shaft of the air core motor goes, filling the hole completely. Then use the proper bit to drill a new hole. if you cant find a drill bit that small maybe try heating up a paperclip, or using a dead air core motor shaft taken out of the motor and melting a hole in the epoxy.