My GMT800, 2003 RCLB 2500HD Build / Rebuild!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Didn't quite make it a full year and 15,000 miles.

Decided to throw the towel in on the Treadwright tires. They just suck.

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't quite make it a full year and 15,000 miles.

Decided to throw the towel in on the Treadwright tires. They just suck.

Well maybe it's a good thing I can't get an answer from them. I've been looking at the Wardens for like, 5 months now but they're still out of stock. I've emailed them asking when they'll be available again, but going off your experience I guess I'll go a different route. Did they just wear out fast or wear out in a weird manner?

Funny enough Duratracs are probably my #4 favorite all terrain, so chances are I'll probably snag a set for the crew or the red truck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well maybe it's a good thing I can't get an answer from them. I've been looking at the Wardens for like, 5 months now but they're still out of stock. I've emailed them asking when they'll be available again, but going off your experience I guess I'll go a different route. Did they just wear out fast or wear out in a weird manner?

Funny enough Duratracs are probably my #4 favorite all terrain, so chances are I'll probably snag a set for the crew or the red truck.

My experiences:

One front tire chopped badly, even with a brand new frontend, perfect alignment via two alignment machines.

The tires are starting to crack at the mold line, between sidewall and tread.

Below 30*, these things might as well be steamroller wheels, they're spine jarring HARD below this temp.

The sidewall run-out is insane, for such a "small" sidewall. We're not talking about 35x12.5's here.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So, my appointment was at 8am this morning, to have the Treadwrights removed and the Goodyear Duratrac's installed. These Goodyears are fantastic and light years ahead of the Treadwrights. The ride is so much smoother now, less spine jarring. Road noise is minimum.

The Treadwrights never rode this nice, even brand new!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Holy crap, I never knew they have mobile tire shops. That's crazy! :) I mean, I've seen utility trucks on the side of the highway replacing flat tires on an 18 wheeler, but this is something else. :)

This was a super cool experience! Goodyear has their own mobile install division called "Roll". It literally cost the same to mount and balance these tires at a shop, as it did for them to come do it in my shop!!