My GMT400s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irfangnosis

Reaction score
I have a really nice 2000 GMC C3500. I bought it brand new, paid cash for it and it is still nice because I do not drive it much. In 21 years, I have put only 57K on it. It gets horrible milage and I can’t really afford to drive it. My son is getting his license soon and wanted a truck. I would have rather he bought an old 4.3 truck, but he wanted a ranger. Long story short we have spent the summer getting it ready for him and enjoyed the process. Two months back I found the 4.3 5speed work truck I wanted him to buy. I said what the hell and bought it for myself for a daily. Now I have 2 low milage GMT400 trucks.
It was a plant maintenance truck for many years and only had 29K on it. The rockers, cab corners and the bed were rust free, but it had a few issues. been fixing it up and taking care of the mechanicals. Come next spring all the rusty bits will be replaced. Now I have to figure out what color to paint it.

Attachments

• gmc.jpg
    gmc.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 35
  • wt1.jpg
    wt1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 35
  • wt2.jpg
    wt2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 36
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 34
  • parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The wheels on the red truck look so familiar I can't place it...

Truck looks good William, the 454ss wheels and 31's set it off for sure. They just didn't fit what I was doing with my 2wd lmao.

Irfangnosis

Reaction score
The wheels on the red truck look so familiar I can't place it...

Truck looks good William, the 454ss wheels and 31's set it off for sure. They just didn't fit what I was doing with my 2wd lmao.

FWIW back when I had an SS454, I put 31" BFG all terain tires on it. I have gathered a lot of parts but still need a few. i met some nice people on marketplace to get what I have, but dealt with a lot of "not so nice" people along the way.

Irfangnosis

Reaction score
FWIW the 98 C1500 W/t was not a good purchase. 13 years of limited plant duties and 10 years of sitting caused a lot of problems. for a vehicle with now around 37K miles I have replaced WAY TOO MANY parts.

My 16 year old son wanted me to race him in his 3.0L ranger. I finally did the other day. I handed him his ass but my clutch was not happy to do so. I feel the friction material is not long for this earth.

I need to start the research on what brand to buy.