My GMT 800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s my issue because my seat heaters don’t work at all but thanks for the idea. It’s gotta be something one day I’ll take the time to track it down
You haven't figured it out?

Looks like the old Chebby had easy work to handle on that previous post...:rolleyes:

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You haven't figured it out?

Looks like the old Chebby had easy work to handle on that previous post...:rolleyes:
Yes not too hard just some mulch and plants easy day. And it’s not so much haven’t figured it out as much as don’t have the time and it’s easy to disconnect a battery cable when it’s parked more then a week.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I started off with my 2000 K2500 GMT 400 that had a 6" lift with 35's and tons of mods, but as it aged and was unable to fit inside anywhere I had to make the toughest call ever of putting it up for sale. Luckily one day I got a hit on craigslist asking if I wanted to trade for a 2005 1500 ext cab. It turns out he babied this truck and it even still had original window sticker. This truck fit my needs with the 4 doors and only slightly lifted stance. Either way I knew it was a solid truck and knew my truck was going to a good home so I took it.

When I got it, it had pretty worn M/T tires on it and a dual exhaust. Eventually the one side of the exhaust came down so I replaced it with a single out MBRP exhaust and some General grabber A/T tires that I got a steal on between a sale and rebates.

Other things I have done are fix the cluster so all my lights and gauges work, replace the 2 front impact sensors that went out and some new brake pads. Overall I love this truck with the 5.3, its a nice combo of power and fuel economy. I really miss my 400 but I am glad to have this truck to replace it.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you didn't know, I also had started a gmt800 forum awhile ago. www.gmt800.com

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took out the truck the other day brought the family to the Illinois railway museum in Union IL and turned over to 163,000 miles on the way back. Not much else to report haven’t driven it too much this year but love it every time I take it out

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting ready to do a front suspension overhaul because the truck needs an alignment and its steering is very floaty lately. I’m going with this Mevotech bundle plus a pitman and idler arm. The only things I am debating is whether I should bother with the lower control arm bushings or just let it go. Otherwise I think this pretty much would be everything I need.

Attachments

• 86931741-2BC7-4F43-A39F-D57C099C8BB2.png
    86931741-2BC7-4F43-A39F-D57C099C8BB2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went on our annual Christmas tree hunt yesterday

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove it to get some compost for the garden and then got a car wash parked it over as much I could to squeeze the snow blower past it and unhooked the battery for winter. All tucked away until I order suspension parts and get that done this winter.