My GMT 800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another load of grass and weeds still have to stop and drop off my scrap but it was too busy when I drove by yesterday and I didn't feel like waiting

You must be registered for see images attach

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turned over to 160,000 yesterday but I didn't notice until going to work today. Also put a new sticker on my window which was a fathers day gift from my daughter.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a fairly rust free gmt800. The body is spotless, but the frame has more rust than it should. Mine still has hardly any rust on the frame, but it leads me to believe that the gmt800's frames might be more prone to rusting...

You might want to get yours oiled or something.

I was thinking I'd nab an 800 to sacrifice to the salt when I move back east. I wonder how good of an idea that really is.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking I'd nab an 800 to sacrifice to the salt when I move back east. I wonder how good of an idea that really is.

If you bought one out west, then kept it oiled (or at least sprayed off with water) I bet it would last a long time. You'd still be sacrificing it, but it'd last.

Most guys around here - they drive around with ice/salt/slush built up on their frame for 6 months each year, then wonder why it rusted...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you bought one out west, then kept it oiled (or at least sprayed off with water) I bet it would last a long time. You'd still be sacrificing it, but it'd last.

Most guys around here - they drive around with ice/salt/slush built up on their frame for 6 months each year, then wonder why it rusted...

Yeah my plan involves a heated shop and no vehicles parked outside too because of that.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they thinner overall? I know the rear shock cross member is a POS.

Having owned both yes they must be, my 400 was never garaged in its life because it wouldn't fit and when I sold it the body was going but the frame was still barely rusted, this one is mostly garaged and treated to car washes and you can see how it is after only 2 winters driving it.