My GMT 800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only day this weekend its not going to rain so I drove the truck into work today
You must be registered for see images attach

Needs a spring bath and wax soon when it warms up more

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went and got a car wash for spring since its too cold to get the hose out still

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Went out by my truck on a break and realized I lost my rear tank strap and it snapped this tube that probably some evap tube. Looks like I have to limp it home tonight and get it fixed this week.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new tank straps on I replaced both since if one broke the other cant be far behind. They went on easy enough now I just have to figure out what evap hoses are broke and I think I am missing my charcoal canister. I wouldnt worry about it but I am past due for emissions and when this all ends I will have to get that done so I have to figure it out.

That's all that was left of the broken strap

Front one was corroded but not too bad

You can see where the strap must have hit the drive shaft while I was driving and the evap stuff the all broke

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a fairly rust free gmt800. The body is spotless, but the frame has more rust than it should. Mine still has hardly any rust on the frame, but it leads me to believe that the gmt800's frames might be more prone to rusting...

You might want to get yours oiled or something.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a fairly rust free gmt800. The body is spotless, but the frame has more rust than it should. Mine still has hardly any rust on the frame, but it leads me to believe that the gmt800's frames might be more prone to rusting...

You might want to get yours oiled or something.

Ya for sure I want to do something with it, cant believe how bad the underside is when the body is decently clean. Probably going to use a spray to coat it even though I minimally drive in winter right now. If it becomes a DD again then fore sure I am coating it every fall

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed up the evap stuff that broke when my tank fell. Also put a new brake light and some new wipers on.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I realized that I never remember to take pictures of my truck doing truck things, which it does quite often, so I finally remembered the other day.