My GMT 800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck the other day to stretch its tires and get my daughter a bed from Ikea. After getting the bed it seemed kind of silly to have this big truck for such a small box and mattress. Forgot how compact Ikea makes their stuff, but it was a nice excuse to take it for a cruise on the highway since she doesn't get long trips very often.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck to get the tires rotated at the local Chevy dealer. Its free for the life of the tires since I bought them there. Got it in the garage just before the snow started falling. Hopefully it wont have to be driven in any snow this year but I don't put it away for winter just try to only use it on nice days.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck out a couple times this weekend since it was nice before more snow comes in.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I watched a video on changing them, doesn't look too bad but for now I am going to fill the diff up and maybe tackle over winter.

Driver's side isn't terrible, passenger side is an asspain. The actuator housing needs to come out for that.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Suburban is getting a new oil pressure sending unit because the old one is leaking all over, so I took Ole Red out to work today. Luckily snow isn't starting until tonight so I should be home before it. Still might get a car wash after this since im sure there is residual road salt from last weeks storm still getting on the truck.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my oil pressure sending unit replaced on the burb since it was leaking and driving my truck home from work while it was in the shop noticed the oil gauge pegged at 80 on it lol. I will probably attempt this one myself when I have time since its not leaking I am not that worried about the gauge being off.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy the socket and a universal joint (wiggler - nontechnical name), Its easy to change just cant see what your doing back there. And dont buy any other brand of Oil Pressure sensor besides AC Delco. We have never had a off brand sensor last longer than a year on these trucks.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the truck out and about trying to put some miles on it so I can pass emissions test. Since I leave the battery unhooked in winter because it sits the computer wont pass my truck until it has some miles logged on it.