My ex-paramedic ex railroad Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FitzWill

Reaction score
Curious as to why you would change out what looks like a perfectly good grill for the W/T one? I get that it's a Chevy, so wouldn't a "normal" Chevy grill work if the GMC one "offends" you?? Lol.
It's the wrong color. Doesn't match the fenders and neither does the hood. I prefer the sealed-beam headlights because I can retrofit the very good quality DOT approved LED units that the truckers use.

Medic0893

Reaction score
As a medic for 40+ years and having driven such vehicles, and having been responsible for coordinating maintenance… couple things:
These vehicles have been driven very hard. A lot of cold start, pedal to the metal by those who don’t pay the bills: trans care and drivetrain issues should be closely evaluated

These vehicles usually receive regular preventative maintenance that often POV don’t get: oil changes, belts and hoses are typically replaced on a schedule.

The electrical systems are hard pressed in service. Extra lights and sirens, heaters and portable equipment chargers place constant stress on electrical components.: check all your grounds and connectors for corrosion and loose connections. There is usually an auxiliary circuit board with relays and fuses/breakers, make sure all ends are secured and no live wires are just bantering about. Might even be best to terminate and circuit not in use at the relay; less chance for a short.

Most of the vehicles we’ve sold off went on to live a long post-service life, I’m sure yours will as well.

Best of luck