My dd S10 Xtreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother in law runs a detail shop just outside of Chicago. He's here on vacation and he brought his detailing stuff with him. He's been here since Saturday night and he's done my wife's Honda, both of our Suburbans and today he did Essie. The stripes are shot and the clear is cracking on the hood but she still looks darn good!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We bought Essie over in Idaho after a long search. I test drove a brand new on in 03 that was black with gray interior, automatic transmission and a fleet side bed. I really wanted a 5 speed with a step side so I decided to wait until the 04 model came out. They dropped the Xtreme in 04.

It took about a year to find Essie because I wouldn't settle, I wanted either black or blue, 4.3/5 speed, extended cab step side and a tan interior.

So far I've put almost 40k on her and I average 19mpg in town and 22-23mpg mixed Highway with most straight Highway tanks being 24-25 and a best of 26.6.

She's been good to us. She's needed a radiator, heater core and that is it so far. Everything else has been maintenance.
She has a few mods, spray in bedliner, a bluetooth radio, hurst/core shifter, AEM air filter and of course the 17" Torque Thrust II chrome wheels wrapped in 275/40r17's on all 4 corners.

Future slow plans consist of Camaro front brakes with larger rotors, Blazer rear disc brakes, ghetto LS6/T56 and at least a partial repaint.

The ghetto LS6 is a gen4 all aluminum 5.3 bored out to a 5.7 with all of the LS6 trim. The LS6 is rated at 405hp and 400tq. I plan on a slightly hotter cam that will move the torque lower, obviously swap headers, and some minor head work. The heads are already done. The T56 is from an 01 WS6 Firebird and i have an aluminum flywheel and Spec clutch for it.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark you have a freaking 5 speed, stepside xtreme with on 40k on it??? Damn, I am jealous. I never even knew you had one! Had a friend in school who had an xtreme blazer same color as yours. I always thought that trim package was cool as hell. Pardon the dumb question, but did they come with any performance upgrades over the more base versions?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark you have a freaking 5 speed, stepside xtreme with on 40k on it??? Damn, I am jealous. I never even knew you had one! Had a friend in school who had an xtreme blazer same color as yours. I always thought that trim package was cool as hell. Pardon the dumb question, but did they come with any performance upgrades over the more base versions?
Sorry about a misunderstanding on the mileage. I've put almost 40k on it, it has just under 150k on it now. The only performance options over a regular s10 are a quick ratio steering box, bigger front sway bar, rear sway bar, bilstien shocks and of course it is factory lowered 2". All of that could have been ordered on a regular s10 using the ZQ8 rpo code.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry about a misunderstanding on the mileage. I've put almost 40k on it, it has just under 150k on it now. The only performance options over a regular s10 are a quick ratio steering box, bigger front sway bar, rear sway bar, bilstien shocks and of course it is factory lowered 2". All of that could have been ordered on a regular s10 using the ZQ8 rpo code.
Gotcha. Still a sweet ride even with the mileage being higher. That's a decent amount of mods from the factory. These and the blazers of the same vintage looked sharp with this appearance package.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a few flaws, mostly rock chips in the front, the hood is heat checking, the stripes are shot but the biggest flaw is that the nose is damaged like most of them.

I'll have to try and snag a picture of it; it's almost sad seeing something relatively rare in such sad shape.
Yours looks like it belongs in a museum compared to my coworker's.