My brother's truck starts w/o key in the ignition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was in college I had an '84 Mazda 626 with a worn out column lock. When I went around left corners the keys would fall out of the ignition into the center console. Then my best friend would grab the keys and dangle them out the window, threatening to drop them.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could never start mine without the key but I could remove it while it was running. It was handy. But I never locked it when I left it running and walked away, who was going to steal a 300K mile beater.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I could never start mine without the key but I could remove it while it was running. It was handy. But I never locked it when I left it running and walked away, who was going to steal a 300K mile beater.
That's what we thought about our '84 Suburban, so rusty it was known as the "rat Burb". Dad forgot to set the kill switch in the grille, and the next morning all that was left was the pile of broken glass that had been the vent window.....