My Big 3 Kits for sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: I had some time to start swapping old cables out with new ones. Like in the pic above, the new Alt to Battery Positive cable laid across the front of the engine, straight shot. The new Battery Positive to Starter cable was a direct replacement. The Battery Positive to Power Distribution cable was ran straight down from the terminal, along the frame, and straight up the firewall to the distribution block. It was a little long, but a zip tie took up the slack just fine.
You must be registered for see images attach

The main ground cable runs from the negative terminal down to one of the cable strap bolts on the frame, instead of the intake manifold. I had to grind off some rust to get a clean connection though. The remaining cables I didn't get to were the ground cables between the passenger side head, firewall, and frame. Hopefully I'll take care of those tomorrow.

Overall, they are well built, quality cables. Some plastic wire wrap in certain places will help protect them from rubbing and heat, the same as the original cables. Awesome kit, you guys won't be disappointed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: I had some time to start swapping old cables out with new ones. Like in the pic above, the new Alt to Battery Positive cable laid across the front of the engine, straight shot. The new Battery Positive to Starter cable was a direct replacement. The Battery Positive to Power Distribution cable was ran straight down from the terminal, along the frame, and straight up the firewall to the distribution block. It was a little long, but a zip tie took up the slack just fine.

The main ground cable runs from the negative terminal down to one of the cable strap bolts on the frame, instead of the intake manifold. I had to grind off some rust to get a clean connection though. The remaining cables I didn't get to were the ground cables between the passenger side head, firewall, and frame. Hopefully I'll take care of those tomorrow.

Overall, they are well built, quality cables. Some plastic wire wrap in certain places will help protect them from rubbing and heat, the same as the original cables. Awesome kit, you guys won't be disappointed!!!

I wish I had the room you do between you air filter and your battery, this is how much I have, the second cable, the inside cable goes across to the power distribution center, it looks OEM but not sure, so that limits my option on this battery.

At least my alternator is on the same side as is the battery. That little pinkish-orangish looking cable that is out focus is what is coming from the alt to the battery.

Last edited:

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I had the room you do between you air filter and your battery, this is how much I have, the second cable, the inside cable goes across to the power distribution center, it looks OEM but not sure, so that limits my option on this battery.

At least my alternator is on the same side as is the battery. That little pinkish-orangish looking cable that is out focus is what is coming from the alt to the battery.

One of the things I like about this kit is that it's designed for the most efficient lengths between the components. Everything is pretty much a straight, shortest distance route for maximum power transfer. I'm sure he has designed the kits for later model vehicles to be just as efficient. Actually, I know that he has, I've seen pics of his own vehicle and it looks just as well laid out. A lot cleaner than my truck too! [emoji38]

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Post up a bigger pic of your engine bay. I think I could build you something that will work.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the things I like about this kit is that it's designed for the most efficient lengths between the components. Everything is pretty much a straight, shortest distance route for maximum power transfer. I'm sure he has designed the kits for later model vehicles to be just as efficient. Actually, I know that he has, I've seen pics of his own vehicle and it looks just as well laid out. A lot cleaner than my truck too! [emoji38]

I'm glad your happy with the kit. I know it's getting harder to find good aftermarket parts for our trucks. If there is anything you need you got my number ;)

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Walmart sells extended side post lugs that will let you install it and look factory

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Walmart sells extended side post lugs that will let you install it and look factory

I used bolts with wide nuts on both battery terminals. Makes a very solid connection.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To Xanatost, I keep forgetting to post a picture of the engine compartment but I will do that when it's daylight. So far, I seem to only remember after dark.

SOMEWHERE I saw a picture of an adapter (for the lack of a better word) that looked like it was meant to add with the help of a "L" bracket a top post. I saw it once and thought 'that's nice' and went on and forgot where it was. It (I Think) mounted under the side post battery terminal cable and at the top of the "L" bracket had the top round post. If I could find something like that, it would add more options to me. If I hadn't bought a new battery this winter I think we are through with, I could get one of those batteries that have both manufactured into it already.

That picture just a couple of post back, has the longer extended bolt for the positive side, IF the air cleaner box wasn't so big on my truck, I might have room to do something on that side... :(

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To Xanatost, I keep forgetting to post a picture of the engine compartment but I will do that when it's daylight. So far, I seem to only remember after dark.

SOMEWHERE I saw a picture of an adapter (for the lack of a better word) that looked like it was meant to add with the help of a "L" bracket a top post. I saw it once and thought 'that's nice' and went on and forgot where it was. It (I Think) mounted under the side post battery terminal cable and at the top of the "L" bracket had the top round post. If I could find something like that, it would add more options to me. If I hadn't bought a new battery this winter I think we are through with, I could get one of those batteries that have both manufactured into it already.

That picture just a couple of post back, has the longer extended bolt for the positive side, IF the air cleaner box wasn't so big on my truck, I might have room to do something on that side... :(
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_12255...a&awnw=g&awcr=47716945465&awdv=m&awug=9030890