My autocross rcsb c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I just Autocrossed my truck at a BMWCCA event and they had no problem. I reached out to the SCCA to ask them as well and basically they both said the truck just had to be lower than it was wide.

Lol, I know some people that are wider than they are low.

Arealgloza

Reaction score
Awesome build! Love how the fuel cell hangs down

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm actually considering raising it up and trying to hide it because my red light racing game has dropped substantially since I've installed it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about building a truck for the road coarse earlier today

That is a much harder sell than autox, road course really taxes the brakes. Basically gonna have to mod it well enough to convince the tech guy IF they do case by case basis, some organizations do not. OP how do your times stack up to the others'? I'd be more concerned about "real" brakes up front unless the rears just won't rotate the truck on turn in. How's it drive? 35XX# is damn light and I saw stock seats in there, must be a handful to stay put! :)

Arealgloza

Reaction score
That is a much harder sell than autox, road course really taxes the brakes. Basically gonna have to mod it well enough to convince the tech guy IF they do case by case basis, some organizations do not. OP how do your times stack up to the others'? I'd be more concerned about "real" brakes up front unless the rears just won't rotate the truck on turn in. How's it drive? 35XX# is damn light and I saw stock seats in there, must be a handful to stay put! :)
It's hard to compare my times against the other cars because they only have one other truck that comes out and runs. I'm also not an experienced driver in this sort of thing. They put me in the pony car class and I think I did better than a couple 2018 mustangs. The truck is extremely tail happy and it definitely is a workout steering it and trying to stay put. Edit: the only autocross I know about in the Chicago area is a Miata club, so I'm also running against like 40 little miatas that handle amazing, I rode in a couple built one and I think they ran like 10ish seconds faster than me

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Truck may have more in it if you toss a kirkey seat in there. You'll be blown away at how much more control you have when you're strapped in there. Don't hesitate to blame yourself if you think the truck isn't doing what you think it should. I think we're getting some of that with the rookies in my series. The loose nut behind the wheel is the biggest variable and 500+ hp doesn't help anything in the cones