My 99 Tahoe 4wd build..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I spent a little time on my mill maching spacers and shims then cleaned and painted the powersteering pump and started installing as much of the oem wiring as i could so now I can bust the wiring haress apart and start convering the oem harness to fit my sensor and hose connection rearrangement

You must be registered for see images attach

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after all the mess thats been going on I finally got back to working on my Tahoe once again and taht things turning out great, I machined and welded out the new flanges for mounting the 2014 13.5" disc brakes on my 14 bolt sf and now I'm woring on my bumpers. I've used an extra class 5 reciever from a parts truck and leftover 3/16" steel flat bar from various projects at my shop.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lil more progress... pass side completed and ready for weldup hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish fitting up the driverside

I love that bumper!! I’m wanting something similar for my 89 suzuki sidekick.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spent a ciuoke more hrs our in the shop this afternoon and finally finished fitup and tack welding all of my front bumper plating... Now I need to make a couple corner braces going back ti the frame or body mount and bendup and tack on the prerunner bars then its time to weldup amd dressup the welds.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I broke out my tubing bender today and finally got all the fitup and everything tacked together on the front bumper....

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I moved on to upgrading the rear suspension so I can get started building my back bumper now. I made som reinforcement plates for the for relocating my spring perches and got the front perches relocated 3-3/16" farther forward and tomorrow I plan on finishing relocating the rear perches 3-3/16" farther rearward to give me the proper 60" spring mounting distance for installing the 2200# suburban springs that I took off a parts truck my uncle gave me which will give me extra load carring capacity as well as another 2 to 2-1/2" more lift on the rear