My 99 Tahoe 4wd build..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little more progress today, got the rear perches relocated and suburban springs hung then welded a nut onto a broken body bolt that I couldnt access real well till I removed the back bumper amd removed the rusted broken bolt and permently installed the last body lift block. Once I install the air bag load levelers and air system ill be ready to unbolt everything clean chem prime, then bedline

You must be registered for see images attach

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started stripping cleaning and welding on my 14 bolt sf today.. I got the custom brake brackets i machined to fit the 2014 disc brake mounting plates welded to the housing then stripped off the original bump stop plates and cleaned the housing next chance I get Ill machine the airbag mounting plates and get them welded on then weld the axle tubes to the center section then its ready for a final clean, paint and reassembly

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished up fabrication and welding on my 14 bolt its ready for a clean, paint and final assembly

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont you just love when you think your done with something then you realize your not.... I was just looking at yhe stovk 10 bolt feom my Tahoe and realized I forgot to fabricate and weld on the sway bar mounts.. so look's like I have a little more fabrication and welding to do on my 14 bolt before I can start assembly on it.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not all of them came with the rear bar. But now would be the time to add it tho lol.

AirMdwn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. At least you didn't bolt it up and install the axle before you realized

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know this is about the 8th gmt400 seires truck that I've had or built and this is the first one I've had that has the antiroll bar on the rear and I'm deffinatly going to install it because I know that'll help with body roll for sure.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well finally was able to get back out in the shop after dealing with a severe sinus infection all weekend and made some progress maching my swing out tire carrier components for my tahoe.. still have a few more items to make then I can start building the bumper around the carrier... Wife put her orderes in no welding or grinding till later this week till after the meds I'm on get into my system good so I spent a few hours on the mill machining parts...

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much progress today but its still progress dee0ened the slots in the frame brackets another 1/2" and tacked main structure together