My 99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have been out of it for a minute.. I never did share my other passion project that I had. (I know it doesnt fit the forum.)

You must be registered for see images attach

I custom ordered this bad boy in April of 2022, Hellraisin Scat Pack Widebody with a 6spd manual transmission. I worked really hard to save up for this thing for a long time, my salesman told me back in the end of '21 that '22 would be the last year for them. (Not sure if he was lying at the time or if that is what they told him at the time. No matter they ended production this year.) I enjoyed every second I had spent in this car. It was highly overpriced at $63,000, but to me it was worth every penny. I stored it in the winter of 2022-2023 and was planning to store it again this winter. So in the entirety of the 12 months it had spent on the road I had accrued about 28,000 miles on it. I drove this thing everywhere, every chance I got lol. I installed a short throw shift kit, mid muffler delete, and some trim pieces on the rockers to protect from rocks with the widebody kit, and just installed a new set of tires. I had a plan to pull the engine and build it into a 426 stroker, was waiting for the warranty to run out.

Unfortunately I was on my way to work, and at about 55-60mph I shifted into 3rd gear and the rear tires locked up. I was going to ride it out but didn't have the space, it was either under a semi trailer or hit the median on the highway. I opted for the median..

Bounced it off the median, the side airbags as well as the seat airbags deployed. The car did its job, there wasn't any damage done to me.. Well, at least not physically.. I was on a ramp when it happened after a tunnel, troopers pulled the video from the camera in the tunnel to make sure I wasn't "hot rodding". Which i wasn't at that particular moment. The issue with the car is under investigation at this point and I don't have much information from anyone other than State Farm who deemed it a total loss. Could have been worse. I still want to know what happened as it could have been much worse. Of course, with it under investigation I am expected to continue making the payment, yet no one can give me any information. Long story short, my attorney is busy..

I have some updates coming on the burb "Green Machine" shortly as well.

Bear with me!
Those median barriers sure are unforgiving, but like you said the car did what it was supposed to do and you walked away, that's always the best outcome. There are plenty more toys out there to replace it with.

Jman95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To address the elephant in the room. (I also question my own sanity, so you are not alone.) Yes I changed the color choice. No, it wasn't the best idea to add more work to an already extensive and laborious list of to-do's..

I didn't get a great picture of the flake on this, but you can see it has a gold flake and is a brighter color. After much thought. (Too much thought..) I had decided the blue was to dark, so why not stick with the original blue I had picked? Well, that would have been to easy.. I seen a Bronco in a parking lot and the sun hit it just right and I had to have this color instead. Also, as mentioned above, my parents referred to this thing as the "Green Machine" its whole life.. (Yes, even after it was blue.. My mother would not let the "Green Machine" go..)

That is the primer I have used on everything I have primed. Inside the fender I used a 2k aerosol version which I do not recommend as there is almost nothing in that $32 can.. It is super easy to mix and you can buy throw away spray guns at Harbor Freight for about $14 if your too lazy to clean the gun when you are finished. (Like I am..)

The color: Eruption Green Pearlcoat (Ford). Code: FA/M7476

The liner is the "Tintable Kit". I don't think I covered all this last time I had sprayed the liner. Getting the tint for the liner is so much easier and cheaper to get from Raptor. It comes in the pre-measured bottles with no binders to get as much color as possible.

I got the paint/tint from this link: https://www.raptorliner.com/store/p...es_(we_only_sell_in_12_ounce_increments).html (If the link doesn't work, copy and paste.) (No, I am not an affiliate or whatever it is called. Just spreading knowledge.)

They claim you can mix it inside the bottle, I pour it in a cup like a reasonable person. I rinse the liner bottle with some of the hardener to get the liner that is left inside the bottle. Then pour the paint in, then do the same with the paint bottle, add hardener to clean out the paint bottle. (They send a clear cup with a fill line, that is the amount of hardener you mix to 1 bottle of liner, so I pre-measure the hardener before I start, by time I am finished everything is mixed in the cup and then poured back into the liner bottle before being shot through the gun that comes with the kit.)

Onto the gun setting and distance, the gun has an adjustable tip. Both times I have shot this liner, the tip is tightened all the way down, and I do not touch it. I set the pressure at 60PSI at the gun. (My kit came with an adjustable regulator for the gun.) I shoot at 6-8 inches.

I need to fire my photographer. (MYSELF!) I did not get a full picture of the firewall in its new color apparently, I will get them when I am there next time. Also, as much fun as it is to sand the entire undercarriage because I am indecisive. I opted to paint the undercarriage black this time. So if I decide to get excited over another color later.. Black is universal.. I do not have pictures of the undercarriage either apparently.. I will get those as well.

With the car totalled, hopefully I can concentrate my attention to this guy, I have to finish getting through the fiasco first.. Obviously with the holidays, not much has happened with that situation. We shall see.

On a brighter note, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and will have a wonderful New Year!

More to come soon.

Jman95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those median barriers sure are unforgiving, but like you said the car did what it was supposed to do and you walked away, that's always the best outcome. There are plenty more toys out there to replace it with.
They sure are.. The best outcome for sure.. and yes, lots of toys.. However, I am not buying anymore toys until this toy is finished lol.

My girl just got a Gladiator Mojave.. I am trying to stay uninterested.. :banghead:

Jman95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a nice pic of the color, sort of an example of the vision.

Will go with color matched flares and bumpers like this too. Not sold on the bronze wheels yet, still kicking the idea around. I won't have to repaint the interior either since it was Neutral stock anyway. If I would have stayed blue I would have had to paint the interior black for sure.. I still may go with black carpet, and might paint some of the lower panels black. Unless it looks cringy, I wont know that until I start putting it back together.