My 98 K2500 starts and then dies, new ac delco fuel pump, fuel pressure builds up to 64 lbs, and the slowly drops off over time. Fuses all good, check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermott

Reaction score
So this is what I have done per reading relearn and reset.
Try to start the truck , starts and dies . I beg and plead with the GM gods to just let the madness stop lol . Try a few more times , then swear . Try one last
Time and leave the key on , then I’ve gone away with a timer set and returned after 10 minutes and it’s still on. I will try it again when I get home from work .
There have been different ideas on the reset .
So if I get the light to go off , do I try
To start it ? Or key off and on and wait again ?
And how long do I leave it off for ? Some say 5 seconds , some say 20 . Does it matter ?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Airmanwoody

Reaction score
Don't get obsessed with 10 minutes. I've had a few over the years that required more before the light went out. I just put a trickle charger under the hood and would check them every once in awhile until it's out.

I think the worst one took 45 minutes once. It was an 07 Hummer H3 that randomly had issues with it's security system.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get obsessed with 10 minutes. I've had a few over the years that required more before the light went out. I just put a trickle charger under the hood and would check them every once in awhile until it's out.

I think the worst one took 45 minutes once. It was an 07 Hummer H3 that randomly had issues with it's security system.
Agreed on the charger

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is what I have done per reading relearn and reset.
Try to start the truck , starts and dies . I beg and plead with the GM gods to just let the madness stop lol . Try a few more times , then swear . Try one last
Time and leave the key on , then I’ve gone away with a timer set and returned after 10 minutes and it’s still on. I will try it again when I get home from work .
There have been different ideas on the reset .
So if I get the light to go off , do I try
To start it ? Or key off and on and wait again ?
And how long do I leave it off for ? Some say 5 seconds , some say 20 . Does it matter ?
***Do not try and start the truck***
Key on. Wait until light goes out. Key off.
Start truck.

McDermott

Reaction score
So update . I get home and it fires up with no problem. I didn’t mention it before because I didn’t think it was a factor . But I removed the seats and counsel and did a full carpet shampooing . When I went to take it to the store the windows were fogged and there was a lot of moisture that was still there in the morning as I went to work . It fits that the 24 year old wiring , in a very damp environment would changed the resistance enough to throw it off. Do you guys also think that fits ?