My 98 C1500 Short Box Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The cab is in primer, block sanded and ready for base and clear. But for now it will be put a side while I work on the rest of the body work. I also have started the transmission rebuild. Not sure how I'm going to finishes the case. I normally have access to a large aluminum oxide blaster but due to covid I can't get any time on it. I took video of the transmission disassembly so I don't have any good pictures. Rebuild kit I order should be here by the end of the week.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Got the cab back on the frame. For now. May take it back off to install the transmission. Used my engine puller with straps and 4 eye bolts threaded into the body mount nuts. Took some trail and error to get the cab to balance once lifted. Lifted the cab and then pushed the frame under the cab and lowered it back down. I would not move the cab with the engine puller because it swings all over the place and increases the chance of hitting something and damaging body work.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Got the cab back on the frame. For now. May take it back off to install the transmission. Used my engine puller with straps and 4 eye bolts threaded into the body mount nuts. Took some trail and error to get the cab to balance once lifted. Lifted the cab and then pushed the frame under the cab and lowered it back down. I would not move the cab with the engine puller because it swings all over the place and increases the chance of hitting something and damaging body work.

Thank you search and thank you @Matt The Hoople for ur pics. I wanted to see if there was a way to access the cab bolts from inside the truck cuz I wanted to soak em in blaster before tryin to remove em. Ohio truck so slightly concerned about snappin em. All my bed bolts came out easy so maybe I'll get lucky. Nice build by the way.