My 98 C1500 Short Box Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice work, truck looks super clean it’s gonna be beautiful when it’s all finished

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At this time I'm keeping the original drive train. 4.3L with 5 speed. And the stock suspension. But I might do a 2/2 drop. I will make that call when I have it done and can see the factory stance again.
...do a 2/4 drop. and when you remove & replace the front spring perches, DO NOT THROW THEM OUT. keep them. they are valuable later, when you or someone else would then like to go to a 6'' back drop by doing an axle flip, as those stock original front perches are needed to go to a 6'' drop. yes, you put them on to accomplish a 6'' drop. so many people throw them out. its a sin, lol.

Reaction score
Finally got some time to work on the truck. Finished the dash rebuild and started sanding the cab.
Took the dash completely apart so I could paint the plastic, sand and paint the metal supports, clean the duct work and re-rap the wiring harness.

The dash assemble. This is after I refinished everything. I don't have any good before pictures. Sorry.

Duct work and steel cross bar are in the background.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cross Bar Support Installed.

Wiring Harness Install.

Duct Work Installed.