My 98 C1500 Short Box Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Very nice, the only thing I would have done different is I would have used the whole passenger rocker panel instead of splitting it, I would have done it like the drivers side and used the whole height. That truck should look really really nice when its done.

Reaction score
Very nice, the only thing I would have done different is I would have used the whole passenger rocker panel instead of splitting it, I would have done it like the drivers side and used the whole height. That truck should look really really nice when its done.
You are right. That is something I would have done differently if I had to do it over. This is the 1st try at rebuilding a vehicle, so I'm still getting things wrong. I did the passenger side 1st. And after that I did the whole thing on the driver side. Was a lot easier. Less welding and grinding.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Look at my build, if you buy a shultz gun with a hose and paint the inside now through the inner rocker access holes you will likely have no future trouble.

hb32

Reaction score
Looking good and lots of work. So fortunate that I live in a climate that doesn’t require as much time and effort.

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
Love the attention to detail and I’m definitely stealing your idea for flipping the cab. I plan on having mine off this summer to fix up. Any chance you have some pictures of the brackets you made that are bolted to the cab? They look like a few pieces of angle iron I’m guessing

Reaction score
Love the attention to detail and I’m definitely stealing your idea for flipping the cab. I plan on having mine off this summer to fix up. Any chance you have some pictures of the brackets you made that are bolted to the cab? They look like a few pieces of angle iron I’m guessing

Here is a close up of the bracket. Just some angle iron welded together.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
What engine and trans did you go with? Doing any suspension mods?
At this time I'm keeping the original drive train. 4.3L with 5 speed. And the stock suspension. But I might do a 2/2 drop. I will make that call when I have it done and can see the factory stance again.