My 97 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you do when you stay home on the forth of July, you head to the shop and do some light wiring hahaha. 8 rocklights in total 3 7” hid lights 2 floods 1 spot and 2 white/amber reverse lights
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing some LED underglows and rock lights, now I definitely want to. Looks good.

Thanks man. These are the same rocklights I’ve had for about a year they are like $60 from opt7 it comes with 4 and you control them Bluetooth. I like them enough I bought a second set for my daily that’s turning into a project too when this is done. But I robbed the set from that one and put them on this one.
I’m still working on the front light placement. Since my wheel wells aren’t going back in I might end up mounting them on the hood so they double as a work light too

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m trying to find a 7.5 kit. I know it’s discontinued but it’s for a 2wd. If anyone knows where I could possibly find this fab tech lift that would be appreciated

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m trying to find a 7.5 kit. I know it’s discontinued but it’s for a 2wd. If anyone knows where I could possibly find this fab tech lift that would be appreciated

Is that meant for me? Honestly the only person that I know that has a couple of cst kits for these trucks, is here in California. he rebuilds them for better geometry. Look up @heavy97chevy_smw on Instagram.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figure I have down time for a little bit I’ll do one last little touch to the interior for now. I’ve had a panel in the cdslave spot forever and have switched there but since I moved the switches I decided to get a scan gauge and make a little spot for it

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well little things happening until the big pieces are fully paid for aka wiring harness. wheels and tires. So my original plan of using the 4.8 I have just fell threw because I didn’t want to do that I know it’s more efficient but I’m a no replacement for displacement kinda person and have a shop to my full advantage. So Im going to be pulling my motor and trans out of my 99 2500 which is an iron headed lq4 and 4l80e. I’m trying to make this thing running and driving in November for my friends group birthday trip to the desert I sent the rear to go get the perches welded while I finished up the wiring for the lights and switches. I have the cooling system almost worked out I just need to do my trans cooler. I’m going to be going with the tru cool 40k and removing the in radiator one but leaving the oil cooler in the radiator for the time being.
I’ve added a couple of helper lights the ones on the 3rd brake light or 15w gg rock lights hooked up to the dome light for ease and the hood lights are hooked up to the factory mercury switch

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well little things happening until the big pieces are fully paid for aka wiring harness. wheels and tires. So my original plan of using the 4.8 I have just fell threw because I didn’t want to do that I know it’s more efficient but I’m a no replacement for displacement kinda person and have a shop to my full advantage. So Im going to be pulling my motor and trans out of my 99 2500 which is an iron headed lq4 and 4l80e. I’m trying to make this thing running and driving in November for my friends group birthday trip to the desert I sent the rear to go get the perches welded while I finished up the wiring for the lights and switches. I have the cooling system almost worked out I just need to do my trans cooler. I’m going to be going with the tru cool 40k and removing the in radiator one but leaving the oil cooler in the radiator for the time being.
I’ve added a couple of helper lights the ones on the 3rd brake light or 15w gg rock lights hooked up to the dome light for ease and the hood lights are hooked up to the factory mercury switch

Like your under hood lights... think I went a different path lol..

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like your under hood lights... think I went a different path lol..

That still looks good though. I still need to figure out a way to actually get rid of the factory light housing but still keep the Mercury switch then I’ll be 100% happy with my set up

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the new rear end 100% in perches in the correct location and bolts are in. And anytime I mess with it I can never not turn the lights on