My 97 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s going on guys been a while since I’ve been on here had a little mishap with the motor a couple months ago and dealt with that but now it’s fresh and ready. luckily I caught the spun rod bearings quick so I just did a home rebuild on the motor.
A few things changed the rear trac width now matches the front so I had to pull the fenders 2 inches on the bed to clear. Took the egr system, evap system and pcv system off so now there isn’t one once of commifornia smog on it. I have rear gears coming soon for it. 4.88s are gonna be magical hahaha I’m going to get the rear set up for it situated before New Years which include 2.5x16 inch bypasses and a bed cage along with rear mounted trans cooler and oil cooler under the bed in between the frame rails. After that I’ll move in to the front.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good score on the bumper, I think some prerunner fenders would look at home on your rig

That will eventually happen hopefully by next spring the hole front end will be done. After everything I’ve read up on and seen in person i want to go the full coil over route but that’s not in the budget just yet. But when it’s all said and done by next spring this will be my front track width right around 90”s wide. Maybe a total of 6 inches per side.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are some of the search you used on it. Been wanting to add a set to the new toy I have. Primarly hauling the dirt bike I just want it to sound mean when I show up at the track without having to do major motor work. the OD has 330,000 and counting on it.

I just look up headers for 97 c1500 and put the price limit to 250

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a little bored today after I got home from work this afternoon and could help my self I wanted to see how far the rear would tuck. So I took my spare out of the bed and went to the highest point in the yard. There was maybe another 2 inches until the axle hit bump and yes I know I need new body bushings still haha. Not bad though I still had at least 3 inch until the tire hit the wheel well can wait to try it in the dirt

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the truck running pretty darn good (tuned) and last night we had a good rain so that meant fun times to be had. I had my buddies with me and one of them convinced me to do donuts so I had to make it worth it needless to say this runs hard now [emoji23]
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some beauty shots after I put new rock lights in

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s going on guys long time no talk.
Well while I’ve been away in the last year a lot of things have change not so much on the truck side but more in life.
First off I got a new job at a mechanic shop right done the street from my house so that just means discount on parts hahaha.
So I’ve been stacking up parts for this truck. I have basically everything I need for an entire front end rebuild the last thing I’ve bought for it was a another 10 bolt out of an 05 Silverado ss awd. After the holidays I’m going to be swapping everything out and making it some what nice again
Second thing I’ve done since I’ve been away was I picked up a 1999 Silverado 2500 2wd she not the prettiest but it gets the drives great and gets surprisingly good gas mileage. I have some plans in the works for that truck soon like putting the stock bumpers back on redoing all of the suspension and getting it repainted. I’ve already put in the new alpine double din sub and amp redid all of the tint. When I bought the truck it was some hummer rims so I bought racelines rims and tow mirrors threw some rock lights on it and built a switch panel for it.
Good daily set up