My '95 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The more I drive this truck with the 4.56 gears, the more I love it. Especially since I don't have to downshift for hills. Now that the speedo is reading the right speed, well +/- 1/2 mph, I'll be able to see what kind of mileage I'm getting. Not that it matters! haha

What exactly?

PTM = Paint to Match.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno if I could stand the front end body color. I gotta repaint the grille every few months as it is. Need to find me some better paint.

Sent from my iPhone

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after the regear, I'm running ~2250rpm at 65mph. Didn't think the rpm's would be that high, but it is also nice not having to downshift all the time.

Hopefully tomorrow Ill have some time to hit up a few yards around me and score some parts.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after the regear, I'm running ~2250rpm at 65mph. Didn't think the rpm's would be that high, but it is also nice not having to downshift all the time.

Hopefully tomorrow Ill have some time to hit up a few yards around me and score some parts.

Yeah that will definitely save your transmission in the long run. Do you ever drive faster than that? Curious what your RPMs are at 70-75.

Sent from that one place.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got it lifted! 6" lift on 35's. So far... I love it! But really needs a regear.

You must be registered for see images

I'll have more pics soon!

Sent from my iPhone
How do you like the super lift? How was the install? Good looking truck

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you like the super lift? How was the install? Good looking truck

Thanks man! I love it. Ride better than it ever did before, no rattles or knocks. I've gone off road with it a few times, nothing serious, just some trails. Aside from the tires rubbing at odd angles, I have no complaints about the Superlift kit.

Yeah that will definitely save your transmission in the long run. Do you ever drive faster than that? Curious what your RPMs are at 70-75.

Sent from that one place.

I usually try and stay between 65-70mph. rpm's at 70mph at ~2400. No idea about 75mph. Somewhere around 2600rpm if I had to guess.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recent project. New clutch, new flywheel, new clutch fork, T/O bearing, etc. I'll probably change the header gaskets while I'm at it. Started leaking awhile back.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the truck running today. Only problem seems to be that the starter is grinding, slightly. Still starts it just fine. Ill have to check it out tomorrow. Clutch engagement is soo smooth. I love it. Hopefully I can figure out this starter issue and take it for a drive tomorrow.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had shim the starter to keep it from grinding. Strange I gotta do that with the new flywheel, but all is working. Gonna try playing with the shims and see what's the least about I can get away with.

But on side note, that clutch has got to be one of the smoothest engaging clutches I've ever driven in a 1/2ton. Sooo nice.