My '95 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck has been re geared, from 3.42's to 4.56's. What a difference! It's like night and day. Only thing is, is I didn't think I'd be turning that many rpm's on the highway. BUT, truck doesn't struggle at all to go up hills, or anything. Barely any load on the engine, just turns rpm's. Although it'll be sooo much nicer when I'm towing or hauling something.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Truck has been re geared, from 3.42's to 4.56's. What a difference! It's like night and day. Only thing is, is I didn't think I'd be turning that many rpm's on the highway. BUT, truck doesn't struggle at all to go up hills, or anything. Barely any load on the engine, just turns rpm's. Although it'll be sooo much nicer when I'm towing or hauling something.

I went from 3.42's to 4.56's in my TB, with the 5.3... The thing is a pleasure to drive now, peppy, not downshifting two gears just to maintain 55 mph... And offroad, I have so much better control...

I havent ever met anyone who wishes they have less gear lol

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's so much nicer to drive. No complaints here about em. Can't wait to see how it does Offroad now!

Sent from my iPhone

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since the truck is regeared, time for some fun right?! Well, trail was mostly dry, surprising since all the rain we've been getting. Was only one spot where it was decent.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Didn't even get to use 4x4...

Sent from my iPhone

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That front end needs some PTM!

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more I drive this truck with the 4.56 gears, the more I love it. Especially since I don't have to downshift for hills. Now that the speedo is reading the right speed, well +/- 1/2 mph, I'll be able to see what kind of mileage I'm getting. Not that it matters! haha

That front end needs some PTM!

What exactly?