My 95' Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this site and I signed up because I just started my first project and that project is my truck, a 1995 GMC Sierra C1500.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I just got my license a few months ago and I needed a vehicle, and I found this truck parked in the back of a dealership. This video is over a month old, so it has about 150,000 miles on it and I have had no issues with it. Only spots of rust is on the bottom of the driver's fender. Everywhere else is spotless.

I have been very impressed with it. It's a base model, so the radio it came with was basic. I changed that radio to a theftlock one after I bought it, because I like that radio the best. (I don't like aftermarket.) And since this video I realized that this radio was from an upgraded model, with more features. Usually, when a truck has this radio, it has a CD player as well where the cubby is below my AC controls. So I went to a junkyard and got one from a 97 Tahoe and I literally hid the wiring behind the dash and plugged it in the back of this radio, and it works! I have CD now. Will have a video of that sometime.

The only issues I have with the truck is the cruise control. It won't activate for some reason. Looking into that using a good old multimeter. I would like to swap the steering wheel with the wheel they used in 98-02 Sierres, Sonomas, Jimmies, and Yukons. I would like to change the door chime too. I love the 99-02 Silverado/Sierra door chimes and that's what I want in this truck, if the swap is possible without doing sketchy rewiring.

My truck has the 5.7 Liter Throttlebody V8, and a 2WD 3 Speed Automatic Transmission. The transmission is a 4L60-E, which are known to start slipping around 200k to 300k mile range. The paint is faded but there's no dents or dings on the truck, and no tears in the seats which is surprising because it's leather. Not even a crack. It's all original. I love the truck very much and I am so glad that I got it. It's been getting me where I need to go since day 1.

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
LoL that isn't a base model. I can tell just by the front end and trim it's an SLE, which is the highest trim line available that year.

Not to mention it's got cruise, A/C, the alloy wheels, extended cab, the radio as well as the 5.7 & automatic four speed trans (4L60E) it has are all optional equipment. Oh, those black mirrors are base equipment ;)

Take a picture of the RPO sticker located inside the glovebox and post it back here, it'll tell you of all the equipment your truck was loaded out with.

As for why the cruise doesn't work, you might get lucky by adjusting your brake switch. I've read on here that a lot of times that is why the cruise doesn't work; that since the ECM looks at it to interrupt it's operation, they get to a point adjustment wise where the ECM sees the brake as being engaged when it isn't..

Last edited:

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I forgot about the power windows and locks. I was just putting into consideration that the truck only came with this basic radio with only cassette. TBH, I wish I had manual windows because the motors in the power windows are a pain to fix if something happen to them.

I have to go to work but sometime I'll take a photo of the RPO sticker.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welp, I'm sure most of you know that I got in an accident with the truck, but if not, long story short, I banged the Driver's fender, bumper, and wheel well. Couple other minor cosmetics that will wait. I rebuilt the truck with new parts. New bumper, and new fender. Good timing I was about to get new tires anyway. the fender is a different color but it's rust free and I'm going to have it painted. Got it for $40. What a deal! That makes my truck almost 100% rust free! It was originally totaled but it had more life in it. I wasn't going to let it die. Nothing mechanical is wrong with it. Still drives like a champ. By the end of the week, it'll look like nothing ever happened.

I also named the truck. (If you guys name your cars.) I named my truck Clifford, the big red truck. (After the big red dog.) The name stuck and I talk to him sometimes and I pat him on the dash. Everytime I see family members they say "Seth and Clifford is here!" Cars are more than just a cars to me, they're family too. :)

There will probably be a day that I trade Clifford in, and it will be heartbreaking, but I'm planning on keeping him and making him last for years to come. I got some new interior pieces too like an upper console and a temperature mirror. Clifford will look brand new!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. These are grate trucks.

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I like your technique to close your hood LOL! These trucks make a great first vehicle. There are relatively cheap to buy and replacement parts are readily available all over and on the internet. Mine is a 1995 Chevy with basically the same drive train and options. I have had fun slowly upgrading all the worn out parts. Mine has 231,000 miles now. It starts every time and has never left me stranded. Sorry to hear about your accident, we have all been there! Enjoy!

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm planning on being an ASE technician, as I already have my student patch.

I have a picture of the truck with the new fender. It still has gaps too big so it's going to a bodyshop to get aligned and repainted with pinstriping!

You must be registered for see images attach

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I think I know exactly what I want to do with the truck now. Trucks now in days are so luxurious, with so much to offer in features and interior quality. I'm going to redo the interior with cadillac Escalade parts, and custom stitching in the seats and door panels. Make it have a more modern look to it. The truck will get buffed too. It'll be a "Custom" truck.