My 93 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New member here, hope to glean info needed for my Blazer as I do my best to maintain and improve it. Not going for show or anything just gonna be utility that looks good.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a lot of things I’d like to do to her, most of it has been done here I believe.
First will have to be drop the deezee boards and stop the little bit of rust before it’s an issue. The hood ornament and hood will go soon after with a cowl hood replacement. Going to need a proper receiver hitch also. Wheels and tires I want to get a set of stock GM 18” snowflakes with just boring old all seasons.
After that’s taken care of I have a few mechanical things to deal with while saving for a paint job. I’ll be doing rear disc swap and front upgrade with a hydro boost, not sure if I want to try and save the abs.I’d like to swap in a 4l80e but I haven’t done any research into what that entails. 350 is just going to be rebuilt to a 383 with some version of aftermarket FI. Actually would like a 3.0l Mercedes turbo diesel swap but that’s way way way out of my skills and abilities. With the engine and transmission I will have to figure out how to make the rest work w/o the stock computer.
The usual interior mods, keep the stock gray but newer front seats and headliner. Will need some new dash pieces the original is beat up. May switch to digital but I’ll make that decision if I ever get there. Sound system may or may not haha. Rest of the interior is in surprisingly great condition for the yrs and distance it has been through.
Gonna update as I go thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Made some small changes. Side mirrors were broke and glued back together before I bought it so I got a new set. New passenger side is wired backwards for some reason but I can live with it. May have located a clean blue interior for it. See if I can get that deal done.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That blazer looks clean. And good idea for the 383build. I went the expensive route and bought the ht383e. As for the tranny. I plan on doing a 4l70e but well see. All I can recommend its having good quality trans coolers if not equipt already. Welcome to the forum

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have an 85 Mercedes with a 3L turbo diesel and a 92 pickup never thought about putting that diesel in my truck. Car is mint so I probably won't entertain that and I am assuming you are talking about a much later model than mine anyways.

Great looking Blazer! I really like the older dashboard/interiors, probably just biased.

-Stephen

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have an 85 Mercedes with a 3L turbo diesel and a 92 pickup never thought about putting that diesel in my truck. Car is mint so I probably won't entertain that and I am assuming you are talking about a much later model than mine anyways.

Great looking Blazer! I really like the older dashboard/interiors, probably just biased.

-Stephen
It’s a OM606, 98-99 e300d, some other mercs have em but not turbo and still rather rare in the states. I’d love to get one but will most likely end up with 6.5 Detroit or some form of Cummins. May find one in similar condition that’s stock diesel and try to trade but I like this one.