MY 85 442

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave K2500

Reaction score
one of my G-Body's , there's a 86 Buick Regal too !

The 85 is one of 3,000 built that year , and 1 of the 1,200 with the t-top option.
and 1 of the few ( under 300 I believe ) that were shipped to Canada.

Is it pretty ?... no , is it fast ? .......no , do the t-tops leak ? ...of course , they all did.

Dave

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like it! fun car.
quite a few G-Body fans on GMT400.
Have seen a couple 442's G-body's for sale around Vancouver.
I'm waiting for my inheritance to go GNX/Turbo Regal hunting haha.

Plan to keep it stock or ?

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad had an 85 Olds ...I remember the day he drove it home brand new , maroon , beautiful maroon velour interior ( ;) ) , T shifter , T Tops , Olds rallye type rims Loved the way those spring loaded grills up front would pop in when you pushed on them lol. As a kid I always had to push them in when walking by it - drove him nuts .

Dave K2500

Reaction score
like it! fun car.
quite a few G-Body fans on GMT400.
Have seen a couple 442's G-body's for sale around Vancouver.
I'm waiting for my inheritance to go GNX/Turbo Regal hunting haha.

Plan to keep it stock or ?

STOCK or ?

The plan is to keep this one close to stock , upgrade suspension with some Bilstein's , new springs ...nothing crazy .

But last summer , I do pick up a very complete early 70's Olds 350 ................. but was more of impulse buy , well you know it's not like Olds 350's are everywhere in today's world .

Now I have always been a Grand National / T-type fan.

A few years ago , an old boss of mine sold me his 86 Buick Regal - 2 door , V-6 NA , buckets , console , half Vinyl roof & 14" wire hubcaps.
Yes a Grandpops car. For a $ 100 CAD ......cost me more to tow it home.
It's future includes a fresh built Buick 350 , Turbo 350 and the stack of parts I gathered ...........turbo hood , the little 3 piece spoiler on the rear of the trunk lid , T-type Wheels , F-41 sway bars ( front & rear ) , a t-type steering wheel .

A word of caution bring money , lots of money if you think of rebuilding a Buick 350.

Well it's this or stripper bars !

Dave

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Played the Buick game for many years .....probably helped send TA Performances kids to college lol...spendy for sure !

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Stick some Blazer brakes on the front of it, a good cheap boneyard upgrade.