My 454 SS build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wolo train horn with Sherman tank compressor and Chevrolet valve cover with matching breather cap

You must be registered for see images attach

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Future plans. Wilwood handbrake,get the rear disc emergency brake finally hooked up, clean up the wiring under the dash, get the wipers to work, tune the truck to the procharger, replace the carpet color back to maroon

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to remove one shifter? What are you going to do with the handbrake?
I already removed the column shifter linkage and shifter arm. So the lokar floor shifter is functional. I have to get a manual shifter steering column when I get tired of looking at the bump on the steering column from the automatic shifter arm. The hydro handbrake is for drifting. I want to try a little drifting, but I’m more interested in autocross. My plan was to build a truck that I can drift, autocross, drag race and still cruise legally on the street. When I install the handbrake, i want to have a clean installation like in the last 3rd picture.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another thing I want to do is since I have a turbo 400 is add a gear vender overdrive. Even with the stock 373 gears it still revs pretty high in third gear. I can also turn off the overdrive whenever I want. The gear vender bolts right in the the back of the tail shaft. The only thing I need to do is get a shorter driveline made. So when I do decide to do this upgrade I will get a used driveline and get it shortened. Since I want to keep this truck relatively stock, I don’t want to change my transmission to a 700 r4 or a 4l80e. Although sometimes it will cost me more money. I want quick and easy bolt on the I can reverse.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stumbled across both these guys a few years ago. You could probably do these yourself, but I think there pretty cool. One is Vanatta fabrication that make inner fender covers and the other is Big Wig Race Cars that make aluminum inner door panels (they also make a bunch of different designs)

Last edited: