My 454 SS build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a custom alternator called a GM mega amp made by Quality Power. It replaces the stock cs130. It’s smaller but sit in the same footprint as the stock one. I was wrong on the amperage of the alternator. Its not 500 amp. They told me that any automotive electrical system couldn’t handle 500 amps anyway. It’s a 320 amp alternator. I haven’t seen a higher amp alternator that will charge 180 amps at idle. I meant I payed $500 for it. They also painted it black for me when it was disassembled. They do have 150 amp ($325), 200 amp ($375) and 250 amp ($410) alternators in the mega amp . Although it’s a lot money. It cost me about the same as buying a second battery tray, a second optima yellow top, a battery isolator, a bunch of wire and saved me a lot of room under the hood. It’s a 1 wire hook up. The only thing you need to do is run a 1 gauge wire from the alternator to your battery because a standard cable will limit the all the amp output.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ohio Generator makes an alternator that does over 200 at idle and next time don't use a battery isolator, you loose voltage!!!.... I appreciate the information! I've got over 30 years of professional audio install under my belt, and that 500 amp kind of made me lift an eyebrow and I had to ask!!!

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ohio Generator makes an alternator that does over 200 at idle and next time don't use a battery isolator, you loose voltage!!!.... I appreciate the information! I've got over 30 years of professional audio install under my belt, and that 500 amp kind of made me lift an eyebrow and I had to ask!!!
Didn’t mean to insult you. Didn’t know how much experience you have. But generally when most people ask question. They really have an interest in knowing are aren’t just testing me. But hopefully with my explanation a few people might find what I’m talking about with the alternator helpful. I am also not currently running a battery isolator. Just the one wire alternator. I couldn’t really find anything that would give me what I wanted to do on a two battery system. I got of tons of accessories. I wanted both batteries to fully charge. So I could just run my air ride system compressor off the second battery without the truck running and not drain the main battery. I never heard of Ohio Generator. The only alternator company 5 years ago I could find that had a high amp output at idle was Quality Power.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t mean to insult you. Didn’t know how much experience you have. But generally when most people ask question. They really have an interest in knowing are aren’t just testing me. But hopefully with my explanation a few people might find what I’m talking about with the alternator helpful. I am also not currently running a battery isolator. Just the one wire alternator. I couldn’t really find anything that would give me what I wanted to do on a two battery system. I got of tons of accessories. I wanted both batteries to fully charge. So I could just run my air ride system compressor off the second battery without the truck running and not drain the main battery. I never heard of Ohio Generator. The only alternator company 5 years ago I could find that had a high amp output at idle was Quality Power.
Please please.... you took that wrong!!! You insulted nobody! I just lifted an eyebrow with that amp rating. It intrigued me!!!! I wasn't trying to outsmart or show up anybody. I was genuinely interested! My apologies if I came off any other way!!!

I started using Ohio Generator in my SPL and high wattage builds back in early 2000....... they do some pretty amazing things!!!! They were one of the first to build and sell the dual alternator setup brackets 20+ years ago.....

The owners name is Tom, and he will personally respond to any inquiries. Super great guy, and silly smart!!!!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Please don't think people are just bashing you. I know that happens from time to time. I've been on the recipient and the delivery side of that. We ALL have.
Roll bars and cages are there to save your butt. Ones that aren't done right just make it harder to remove your body when things go wrong.
I was a Certified NHRA Tech Inspector 15 years ago... what you're planning wouldn't have passed then for sure. It certainly won't present day.
Be safe. That's all. :waytogo:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also moved the wire mess from the glove box, cleaned it up and moved it to the center console. Then added a 250 amp accessory relay. Had to use a 250 amp because I have some accessory that draw a ton of amps

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also ran a 1 gauge hot and ground from the battery to the center console to power up all my accessories. With a Casper electronics junction box that has a cover and ground stud

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the retrosound M4 stereo, put in the rear view safety 5” monitor in the console with the a license plate reverse camera and clean up the center console

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next I partially glued in the part of the dash I cut out for the double din radio.with pvc cement. After it dries I will thicken up the pvc cement by leaving the glue bottle open so the acetone evaporators inside the can. Turning it to a paste to fill in the cracks.Then do a little body work sand and paint it. After that I put in the equalizer tape deck delete bezel with the storage compartment.