My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The BB tune 0411 will not let the LTFT go lower than that but STFT will run -7 ish also.
The black box will show LTFT in the -20.xx and STFT around + - 5.0

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tell them it is an 02 350 van and to crank relearn it as such. I bet it defaults as a van anyway unless the VIN in the PCM has been changed.

My van scans as a 2005 L31 Mexican truck. Has not caused problems with any of the scan tool programs I have connected to it. I did the crank relearn and read the CMR with HP Tuners though.

I changed the VIN to mine and the platform to a Holden and it still defaults to a van with a (not EFILive) scanner plugged in.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea. I saw the scanner default to 1998 suburban.
I changed back to the 0411 hoping to get more data but that's not happening because i don't know how to get any more info than what i can plug into and see.
For now i think i would be better off going back to the black box and eliminate that potential problem.
The black box is stock and it ran great with it before i changed the engine.
The 0411 did and does have a few little quarks mostly when cold starting like immediately revving to 2k rpm, Dropping back to 1.5K rpm then back up to 1.8k rpm over about 30 seconds before finally settling down to a nice 1.2k rpm warm up speed and slowly dropping as it warms up. Kinda does the same when hot.

The thing im really wondering about right now though is, Why does my CPM increase from 0.0 to +3.0 or +4.0 That seems like a problem i need to solve.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No idea. I saw the scanner default to 1998 suburban.
I changed back to the 0411 hoping to get more data but that's not happening because i don't know how to get any more info than what i can plug into and see.
For now i think i would be better off going back to the black box and eliminate that potential problem.
The black box is stock and it ran great with it before i changed the engine.
The 0411 did and does have a few little quarks mostly when cold starting like immediately revving to 2k rpm, Dropping back to 1.5K rpm then back up to 1.8k rpm over about 30 seconds before finally settling down to a nice 1.2k rpm warm up speed and slowly dropping as it warms up. Kinda does the same when hot.

The thing im really wondering about right now though is, Why does my CPM increase from 0.0 to +3.0 or +4.0 That seems like a problem i need to solve.

CMP will fluctuate a little, no avoiding that. Factory specs it at +/-2 degrees at 1000-1200 RPM, so just hit that mark and you're in spec.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, did BB adjust your ve tables? Sounds like it needs tuned to your new combination. Also, would be a good idea to verify the O2's are plugged in the correct places.
Also, are o2 sensors known good, and what are they, parts store ones or ac Delco?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, did BB adjust your ve tables? Sounds like it needs tuned to your new combination. Also, would be a good idea to verify the O2's are plugged in the correct places.
Also, are o2 sensors known good, and what are they, parts store ones or ac Delco?
The GM replacement ones are typically NTK which are made by NGK. AC Delco does not really make anything of their own really and has not for years. Some are also Bosch.